Multiples

Early Dilation with Twins

I went to the OB on Friday and was told that I am 2cm dilated. I am 33 weeks as of today and they want me on bedrest till 34 weeks. I had a busy weekend that was unavoidable however I was able to sit during most of it.  I am now trying to focus on my girls and the two toddlers at home. I know that if they came early that they would be okay. My previous two pregnancies resulted in early dilation and then I went on to delivering two very large full term babies. Any experience with this. Any words of comfort. I still can't help but worry but I am trying to just go with the flow.

Re: Early Dilation with Twins

• I refused any internals, because my OB told me that dilation was meaningless after 32 weeks, since at that point the only real predictor of labor was contractions.  I was on modified bed rest til 34 weeks and stayed pregnant til 36w1d.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went into PTL at 31 weeks and dilated to 3 cm.  With strict bed rest, I made it to 36 weeks 2 days when my water broke.  I know it must be tougher on you because you have toddlers at home, but if you can take it as easy as possible, hopefully you can make it at least a few more weeks!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was 2cm 50% when I went into PTL at 32w4d, I was able to make it to my scheduled c/s at 38w.
  • I was 2cm at about 30 weeks.  Kept slowly dialating and effacing over the next few weeks.  With bedrest I was able to keep them in until 35wks3days.  Once I was almost 35 weeks I started doing a little more.  I ended up needing a c-section because B was breech and so they took me when they did because I was 5cm, 100%, with a buldging bag of water.  Just take it easy!  The further you carry them, the better off they'll be.  Trust me, you want as little NICU time as possible!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • At 29 weeks I was 1 cm and at 32 weeks I was 4cm, 80% effaced, I made it to 38 weeks when my water broke. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have been 2cm 90%effaced since 34wks.  I'm not on bedrest, but am out of work.  Went in for my Appointment today just knowing that I would have progressed, and nope!  Still 2cm, the Dr said that it's possible I won't go past that until labor begins. 

utm_source=due-jan&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges">imageimage
  • imagecbaummer2be:
    I went to the OB on Friday and was told that I am 2cm dilated. I am 33 weeks as of today and they want me on bedrest till 34 weeks. I had a busy weekend that was unavoidable however I was able to sit during most of it.  I am now trying to focus on my girls and the two toddlers at home. I know that if they came early that they would be okay. My previous two pregnancies resulted in early dilation and then I went on to delivering two very large full term babies. Any experience with this. Any words of comfort. I still can't help but worry but I am trying to just go with the flow.

Rest up.  Hopefully all will be well.  Just a word though.  Not to be alarmist - but a recent MoM lost one of her twins to NEC.  Her twins were around 33 weeks when they were born.  So although the prognosis is much better where you're at, they are still preterm and can still get sick.  Soooooo take it easy! 

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"