Phoenix Babies
Options

Finding a doula

I'm definitely interested in finding a birth and postpartum doula, and there is so much information out there it is overwhelming.  However, the one question I can't seem to find an answer to is when is the best time to start looking?  I am 12 weeks, and don't know if this is too early.

Also, does anyone have a doula that they would recommend?  I am planning to deliver at Chandler Regional Hospital.

Re: Finding a doula

• Options
    I used to volunteer for a doula (although she's in another state). You can use DONA to find a doula locally. I would assume you'd just find one close to you, where you deliver doesn't matter (doulas don't need hospital privileges like docs). I would say that it wouldn't be too early, especially if you are looking for someone you want to be with you during birth. I don't have any recommendations. I'm in the West Valley and haven't started my search yet.
  • Options
    I plan on using a doula. She used to be a Nestie. I can PM you her info if you'd like.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi!  I'm a birth doula, and I like to meet with clients as early as possible because it allows for more time to build a strong relationship.  On the other hand, I have met a mother for the first time at the hospital, and it worked out beautifully.  PM me if you have any questions, or if you might want to consider me as your doula.  (I'm due in October, but accepting moms for after the New Year.)

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Now is a great time to start prenatal yoga!   There's a great class on Sundays at 5:45pm to 6:45pm at Joyful Yoga Studio.  $10 per class.

480-814-1780

www.JoyfulYogaStudio.com 

• Options

Hello there! ?I also am a doula here in the valley. ?As another mentioned above, expectant parents all choose at different times to hire a doula. ?Either way you feel most comfortable, is what we are most comfortable with. Personally, I think it is great you are already planning for your birth! ?It is too rare that many do not, even know they should. ?Props to you! ?If you would like to email me or call, I would definitely love to meet with you. ?

Good luck either way on your pregnancy adventure!?

Althea Hrdlichka,

Loving wife to one, blessed mother to four, caring Doula to more

Tender Gifts Doula

Mother's Life Tea

(928) 925-0885

www.tendergiftsdoula.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"