Boston Babies
Options

Getting DS to sleep in his own room/bed?

Anyone going thru the sleeping battle? Although we started this habit, we're trying to get my son out of the co-sleeping. I'm starting by letting him fall asleep with me and then move him to his room. But of course, he wakes up a few hours later. We did the cry out thing when he was younger(he's now 2yrs. 2 mths). It worked until he learned how to get out of his crib. Now he get out of his bed.

Any suggestions? 

Re: Getting DS to sleep in his own room/bed?

• Options

So he's in a "big boy" bed now?  Is it a toddler bed or twin/full size?  Did you try putting up a gate at his door?  Do you have bedrails up on his bed to help keep him in?

We tried transitioning DS to a toddler bed around 2 yrs, and he couldn't handle it.  He totally regressed and kept waking up multiple times during the night, so we reinstalled the crib siding and he went back to sleeping through the night. But sounds like that's not an option for you if he was able to get out of it.  Maybe if he's in a toddler bed you could upgrade him to a twin size w/bedrails so it's like a pseudo-crib.  Then you could also lie down with him to help ease him out of co-sleeping in your bed.

• Options

when my son was younger and wanting to come into bed with us i would just walk back into his room and get him settled back in bed and lay with him until he fell asleep...it was not very comfortable and took awhile to break him of the habit completely but it was SO worth it in the end...but yeah, lots of repetitive getting out of bed at all hours of the night to march him back to his own bed

just stay consistent and i'm sure it'll get easier :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"