Parenting after 35
Options

Late FFFC

I would LOVE to sleep in just once. But then I don't want to miss getting up with Sarah and spending time with her as I don't see her enough anyway with work. I know, it's my own dilemma, so I can't complain. But I miss those lazy weekends where we'd sleep until noon.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Late FFFC

• Options

imageSFAug07:
    I would LOVE to sleep in just once. But then I don't want to miss getting up with Sarah and spending time with her as I don't see her enough anyway with work. I know, it's my own dilemma, so I can't complain. But I miss those lazy weekends where we'd sleep until noon.

I'm guessing you didn't have dogs back then...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What's sleeping in?Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, me too!  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I never had dogs. And it's not even as if Sarah wakes at the crack of dawn, but 7:30 is very different to noon.
  • Options
    I didn't do it very often, but sleeping late is one of those decadent things I now feel are gone for the foreseeable future. Crying
  • Options

Before Noah was born, DH and I used to take turns;  he'd sleep in on Saturdays while I got up with Ellie and then it was my turn on Sundays.  It was so awesome to have that one day where I could sleep until I just woke up on my own - both of us slept till 11 a lot of times!!

Now that Noah is here, of course, that is a thing of the past until he gets older.  The thing that really stinks is there are days Noah will wake up for a feeding around 7 and go back to sleep till 9 or 10, but they never seem to fall on a weekend when DH can get up with Ellie!! 

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Today she slept til 8:30 & so did we. That's only because we were up til 11:00 decorating the tree. I've always been an early person so usually if she sleeps til 7:30, I am grateful. Even if I were hung over i wouldn't be able to sleep til noon.
  • Options

H works at the butt-crack of dawn, so for him 'sleeping in' is 5 or 6 every morning. Since he works 4 twelve hour shifts during the week I get 3 whole days every weekend that I can sleep in!

Yes, I know how crazy lucky I am! 

• Options

DH would let me sleep in on a weekend day but I am too greedy with the limited time I have with her, so I never let him. But I still miss the long lazy mornings with nothing better to do than sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"