Parenting after 35
Options

Guess I'll jump on the late FFFC bandwagon...

It's been over a month since I weaned S and I still have to resist the temptation to nurse him.  I am glad this mammogram forced me to wean him at a year old because if not, I know I would still be breastfeeding him till he weaned himself even if it took 5 years!  I don't say no to him very well.  The other day he was teething and sick and crying and I just wanted to nurse him for comfort.  I gotta hand it to women who never breastfed because they had to work harder to comfort their babies...it was just so easy to put him on the boob to stop his crying instantly.  But my real confession is that I actually considered getting my mammogram and then trying re-lactation (trying to get your milk to return once you've dried up) so that I could nurse him for another year.  DH put his foot down on that one and said that's ridicuous.  I guess he's right, we've already been through the stress of weaning him once.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Guess I'll jump on the late FFFC bandwagon...

• Options
    Awww, that's kind of a sweet one.  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I agree with Amy.  I'm amazed that Ellie doesn't seem to miss the nursing at all - she does still like to stick her hand down my shirt, but...she's easily comforted etc.  And I like being back in more supportive bras myself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That''s awesome you were able to breastfeed for a year. I breastfed my oldest until 1.5 years, but my LO's couldn't latch on. I tried everything, spent tons of money on lactation consultants but nothing worked. So I pumped for 6 months with Jason and am pumping right now with Erin. Wish I could breastfeed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i loved nursing Orchid so I understand. I would have nursed her until she weaned me, if things had been different. James would have supported it too. Don't feel badly. I think it's wonderful that you would go through all that just to comfort your LO and feel close.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"