3rd Trimester

It's okay, really, I enjoy being 8 1/2 months pregnant while cleaning

I was so excited that DH agreed to help clean the house today.  Usually, his idea of helping is talking me out of cleaning and tell me I should just relax and he will do it later (nice thought, but never any follow through).  Well, I've been cleaning all morning and taking care of DS while he was at church.  I thought he was going to clean the upstairs when he got home.  Well, after eating lunch and watching some football, he is now taking a nap.  To his credit, he did get up in the middle of the night 2-3 times because DS has been teething and cranky, but it's not like I'm grettin stellar sleep these days either.  Oh well, I guess I have to clean the house myself. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It's okay, really, I enjoy being 8 1/2 months pregnant while cleaning

• I definitely feel your pain.  My DH "cleaned" the kitchen for me yesterday because I was sick.  When I went downstairs this morning, the kitchen was a disaster.  Apparently, he only put the dishes in the dishwasher and did NOTHING else.  It was stuff everywhere, the stove was a mess (he cooked too, but that's another story) and the floor was sticky.  I just went ahead and cleaned it.  It's the thought that count.... I guess!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageNewFamily09:
    I was so excited that DH agreed to help clean the house today.  Usually, his idea of helping is talking me out of cleaning and tell me I should just relax and he will do it later (nice thought, but never any follow through).  Well, I've been cleaning all morning and taking care of DS while he was at church.  I thought he was going to clean the upstairs when he got home.  Well, after eating lunch and watching some football, he is now taking a nap.  To his credit, he did get up in the middle of the night 2-3 times because DS has been teething and cranky, but it's not like I'm grettin stellar sleep these days either.  Oh well, I guess I have to clean the house myself. 

Are we married to the same man? We might have a problem here. HA!

• Loading the player...
  • DH works A LOT, so when I got to a certain point in my pregnancy and needed more help with cleaning DH offered to get us someone to clean the house.  We just have the woman come once a month to do the heavier cleaning and scrubbing, but it has been FABULOUS having her!  I will most likely have her one more time in January after my c-section, then I will go back to doing it myself with Dh's "help".  Booooo

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • hehe. Yesterday DH was helping me "clean" the house, too. He's like, I'll get the closet (our coat closet is usually in some state of disaster, because I can shut the door and forget about it... haha!) so he pulls EVERYTHING out of it, puts the dog food back in and then says "Uh. I don't know where all this stuff actually goes. And why do we have two irons?!" and then walked into the garage to tinker with stuff. Thanks for your help, hun.
  • ugghhh! I work more hours than my hubby, do all the cleaning and bill paying, car maintenance, I've had a chest cold for 2 weeks on top of my incessant bloody nose (for 2 months now) and my feet are swollen.

i ask for a foot rub and he decides he needs to go to bed! he sleeps more than me!!!! grrrrrrr......this makes me irate! he wanted a baby, I do all the work. 

• imagelizsites:
    hehe. Yesterday DH was helping me "clean" the house, too. He's like, I'll get the closet (our coat closet is usually in some state of disaster, because I can shut the door and forget about it... haha!) so he pulls EVERYTHING out of it, puts the dog food back in and then says "Uh. I don't know where all this stuff actually goes. And why do we have two irons?!" and then walked into the garage to tinker with stuff. Thanks for your help, hun.

My husband is famous for this!  His cleaning usually results in an ever bigger mess.

• imagelizsites:
    hehe. Yesterday DH was helping me "clean" the house, too. He's like, I'll get the closet (our coat closet is usually in some state of disaster, because I can shut the door and forget about it... haha!) so he pulls EVERYTHING out of it, puts the dog food back in and then says "Uh. I don't know where all this stuff actually goes. And why do we have two irons?!" and then walked into the garage to tinker with stuff. Thanks for your help, hun.

This is so funny!  Sounds like what happens around here.  When he says he's going to clean the loft (which is where his desk happens to be), I assume he's going to clean up all of DS's toys, vacuum, dust etc.  Usually, though he cleans off his desk and announces he's done. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagealopdx:
    My DH is a great help around the house, except when he doesn't know where things belong. I'm constantly having to reorganize our kitchen because he just puts things away wherever they fit, instead of figure out where they are supposed to actually go!

hah! This is why mine is actually not allowed in the kitchen. Part of me would love one of those "I'll cook, you clean" deals, but then I remember that he can't cook, and when he *does* put things away, they just get stuffed somewhere.

Speaking of which, he does that with *everything*. Any time he helps clean up, he just puts things where ever he feels like putting them, not where they *go*, and then a week later when he's looking for what ever that "thing" was, he gets all pissy when he can't find it. It's quite ridiculous.

• Our house=disaster area.  I have two dogs that are he*l bent on bringing out every toy they own.  (I wouldn't mind this so much if I didn't trip over them because I can't see them anymore!)  My dishes are stacked and I probably have 4 or 5 loads of laundry to do.  I come home yesterday to BF playing Xbox and he said oh I will get the dishes tomorrow.  I am wondering when I come home from work today if they will be done?  Even if he does them once a week I am thankful!  Last week, I called him and told him I was making dinner but nonchalantly said, "There prob aren't any clean dishes to make dinner with so we may just have to eat something else."  When I got home all of the dishes were clean lol. 

"When you pursue your fondest dream, and give this goal your best; The passion that has filled your heart becomes a lifelong test, though others may find fault with this, don't let your passion wane, when you staty true to your beliefs, you have the most to gain." -Encore Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yeah that doesn't fly in our house. its usually MH that get annoyed that something isn't clean when I say I will do it. Yes it may take me longer to do it but I will get around to doing it. however I usually just shrug it off because if he wants to clean it then be my guest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNewFamily09:
    Usually, his idea of helping is talking me out of cleaning and tell me I should just relax and he will do it later (nice thought, but never any follow through).  

Haha, this sounds JUST like my husband.  Sorry you have to do it all yourself!  I'm in the same boat, so I know how you feel.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I still do most of the cleaning, but I haven't been working, so I have all day to putter at it.  But if I am having a bad day and ask hubby to help out he will do whatever I need.  We live in an apartment complex so he takes all the laundry back and forth for me.  I am very lucky :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"