VBAC

Had to schedule c-section :(

I really wanted to try for a vbac but with the holidays coming I wanted to be home with LO and not in the hospital away from my family.  So, I'm scheduled to have a c-section on the 15th if LO doesn't come first.  Please send labor dust my way....I really want to have this baby vaginally.  They are concerned abou his size also so I guess it's a possibility that it wouldn't have worked anyway but...."sigh"  Any suggestions for encouraging labor?  I have an appt. with an acupunturist, i've been walking and DH and I are going to get to work after DD Is in bed....anything else I can do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had to schedule c-section :(

• Sorry to hear that :(. I would do lots of long walks and sex. At the very least, you'll enjoy it while you still can, right? I don't recall getting much walking OR sex after DS was born. Also try bouncing on an exercise ball if you've got one.
  • I was going to recommend acupuncture since it really helped me.  Have you thought about taking EPO (ask your provider first of course)?  It can help with cervical ripening.  Nipple stimulation (with hands or a breast pump) also worked really well to get contractions started. 

Patience and trusting your body are both key ingredients to going into labor on your own as well Yes  GL!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Loading the player...
  • My Midwife suggested against EPO for a VBAC because some studies suggested that it softened scar tissue also.  I know some providers still recommend it.  But I just wanted to throw that out there.  Sending labor dust your way!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • chiropractic can help too.  As can red raspberry leaf tea.  Labor dust to you, mama!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagebabyike:

Patience and trusting your body are both key ingredients to going into labor on your own as well Yes  GL!

This! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"