Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chronic Conditions?

Hey everyone! This is my FIRST day posting on this site, but I've been monitoring the boards since the summer.

I was just wondering if anyone had Crohn's or colitis? I've suffered with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) for 7 years.  I'm on medication everyday and had to make the decision to go off my drugs if I wanted to get pregnant. Well... I did.  I stopped six months ago, which means I now have the "go ahead" to start trying.  I also went off my pill a few months ago.  My period has been completely "crazy" since I stopped (coming 31 days..then 15 days...then 22 days... apart.) So I guess I'm wondering if anyone has a Chronic conditions (or IBD) and how they are dealing with TTC AND, if anyone had the same issues with coming off birth control.  I'm going to start charting soon (once I figure it out lol!) 

Anyway, hi! Nice to meet you all.. I look forward to chatting :D 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chronic Conditions?

• Options
    Welcome! I am sorry, I don't have the conditions you asked about, so I won't be much help there. I did want to say hello though and let you know that charting seems much more confusing than it actually is once you get started. I put it off for months because I was intimidated, but I wish I would have started sooner. Just click on any of our FF tickers and you'll get set up! Good luck!
  • Options

Welcome to the board!   Have you read the newbie link at the top of the page?   A lot of us have problems regulating after coming off the pill, it can take 6 months to a year to regulate.  Also, try reading Taking Charge of your Fertility, lots of great information. 

As for the chronic condition part, sorry, I don't have any advice, the only condition I have is hypothyroidism, which I need to be on meds for at all times. 

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I'm mostly a lurker on this board too. I also have Crohn's disease. What medication were you on? Have you been doing ok since coming off it? I'm lucky because I am pretty much in remission now and haven't had any major flare ups in several years, since before i had my daughter. I was really worried about how ttc and pregnancy would go but it went fine for me, and I'm hoping it will be the same this go around. Let me know if you ever want to talk. As far as bc, I think wacky cycles are normal for a while while your body adjusts.
    Peru!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I have had Crohn's disease for 7 years (with LOTS of complications...surgery's etc...) and I was on Imuran. You're not allowed to be on Imuran when TTC or Pregnant as it can cause birth defects.  It's been scary to come off. I was in remission for a year, but have been having some stomach pains etc the past few weeks.  Anyway, my AF was due yesterday and nothing...so fingers crossed for a BFP this week :)  I just hate making my DH and family worry about if I will get sick again.  Your ladies are truly the best!! Thank you Thank you!!! have a WONDERFUl day!! xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"