Parenting after 35

What does he need?

Our kind relatives have been asking what Charlie needs for Xmas.  The reality is, I have no clue, LOL!  Can anybody give me some suggestions on some items he may be needing now and down the line? He just turned 6 months.

On that note, I know that his carseat is only good until he is 22 lbs and he is already at 18 lbs.  What type of carseat will I need next?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What does he need?

• You'll need a convertible car seat next. What about an activity table or push toys? Something that will encourage standing/walking. Do you have plenty of zippy cups/baby spoons/dishes? What about bath toys? Of course, clothes are always good!
  • Does he have a jumperoo? Bath toys?

You'll need a convertible car seat next.

Cute toys that were a hit with Fiona around that age:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learn-Friends-Musical/dp/B0015KOOHO

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Ocean-Wonders-Musical-Fishbowl/dp/B000W3VCAC

Board Books and clothes...always good :)

• Loading the player...
  • You have mentioned that money is tight right now, so why not ask for practical stuff?  Diapers, formula (I don't recall if you BF), clothes in the next size or two up before toys & book. Maybe gift cards to whereever you shop for baby stuff?  Do you have any sippy cups, bowls, and baby spoons?

Convertible carseat - we have a Graco ComfortSport.  I think we paid about $70 for it on sale at Target. It works both rear and forward facing and is good up to 40 pounds.  I don't know what folks' budgets are like, but can you ask for gift cards towards the seat?

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • I second the activity table and walking toy!  Ellie has also liked stacking toys - especially cups, and anything that makes noise - fake cell phone, remote control, etc.  Over the last few months, she's also really started to like some stuffed animals.  And to be honest, I've gotten most of this stuff (or taken my mom shopping there) at the local kids resale shops.  Not the stuffed animals, but everything else, and both of the ones near us do gift certificates as well.  Oh and again, a fairly recent love - touchy feely board books!
  • Thanks all for the suggestions! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"