Health & Exercise
Options

Remind me about sit ups

When do you need to taper off doing them, obviously I am ok for now, but I can't remember what I did last time. Advice?

Re: Remind me about sit ups

• Options
    After the first tri you cant lay on your back to exercise, so thats when I stopped. Actually, I stopped long before that because I figured what's the point? My abs will be shot by the end anyway. All kidding aside, I didnt do much ab work while pregnant and at 8 weeks after delivery I had my 6 pack abs back. Dont sweat it! You can always do planks though, and they'll help your back.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My doctor said either 20 or 24 weeks and to watch for the ab separation.

I've had no problems being on my back for exercise and haven't been told to stop yet. 13 weeks is pretty early, based on my reading and experience.

You can sub in other core/ab work. I think it generally helps prevent back pain. Yoga moves are great - pelvic tilts can be done all the way to the end.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You'll know when you should stop doing them because you'll either feel lightheaded lying on your back or you'll feel weak doing the exercises. That's right around 20 weeks or so. Plus the baby's size will make it awkward to do anyway. 

• Options

Oh - and if you do them on a swiss ball, it avoids the constriction of the blood vessels issue.

Eventually, it will still be uncomfortable, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"