Health & Exercise
Options

another BOB question - help me pick one!

We have a BJ City Select for normal use, so I am trying to decide on a BOB with the #1 priority being running.

I consider myself serious runner, hoping to get into marathon shape again post baby. DHs schedule means I will often need to bring baby with to run.

The Revolution with the wheel that can change seems nice, but Im not sure if it is the best one for running? Ive also heard of issues wtih the front wheel wobbling (?) The flexibility is nice but not a must really since we will have another stroller.

Not a make or break, but we do have MANY trails near us (like across the street). I dont know if the Ironman can go on the trails at all? I am also considering the SUV one, but I dont know if that one is clunkier for the roads. Realistically, I would probably run on roads more than trails with baby but the option for both would be nice.

Id love any feedback! Basically considering Revolution, Ironman, and SUV. Thanks!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
05/2017 cp
08/03/17 no hb 8w

Re: another BOB question - help me pick one!

• Options
    I don't recommend the Revolution for you.  We have it, and I should have really gotten the SUV, I think.  The smaller wheel in the front on the Rev makes it less stable for running - especially on bumpy trails.  You can lock it, which helps, but the size is a problem.  I don't really know much about the Ironman or SUV, sorry, but don't get the Revolution.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

thank you that is helpful! that was what I was leaning toward (NOT the revolution) but it is helpful to have that echoed.

I am also wondering if anyone knows about a functional difference between the ironman and the Sport Utility D'Lux... going through the specs on the wesbite they seem virtually identical!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm thinking the Revolution may not work for you either. 

We love ours. I'm able to do mid distances (up to 11 miles) comfortably with ours. However, the mileage is all on road. 

GL! 

• Options
    imagekirkette:

We love ours. I'm able to do mid distances (up to 11 miles) comfortably with ours. However, the mileage is all on road. 

GL! 

Wow, your LO will ride in the stoller that long?  Does she sleep the whole time? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemrs.mastro:
    imagekirkette:

GL! 

Wow, your LO will ride in the stoller that long?  Does she sleep the whole time? 

She spends most of the time awake, looking around, and singing to herself. She really likes being outside. I hope she stays like this through her toddler years. 

• Options
    imagekirkette:
    imagemrs.mastro:
    imagekirkette:

GL! 

She spends most of the time awake, looking around, and singing to herself. She really likes being outside. I hope she stays like this through her toddler years. 

We have the Ironman and it's great, but we only use it on paved roads.

My DD used to love the stroller rides too but unfortunately that changed once she started walking. Now all she wants to do is run herself! I can only get 20 minutes of stroller time in before she starts complaining. I have tried snacks etc but she is just not interested. And I can't really blame her - I would also rather be running than sitting! :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I too would recommend one of the fixed wheel strollers (the Ironman or the Sport Utility D'Lux). We have the Ironman and I really have no complaints. I don't use it for running as much anymore as I generally run in the morning when DH is home, but I used it for 4 years. We do still use it a good deal for walking around the neighborhood and having the fixed front wheel when walking doesn't bother me at all. It is a little extra effort to turn but not a big deal at all.

I have taken our Ironman on both paved trails/sidewalks/roads as well as unpaved trails. Its done great in all conditions. We've also taken it on the beach. Tough in the soft sand but did fine on the more hard packed sand. 

• Options
    Sorry to post hijack, but would you all recommend the Revolution for someone who will use it for running as well as an all-purpose stroller?  We don't want to have to get 2 strollers...  I run about 6 miles 4-5 days a week on packed, even dirt trails and roads.  I want something that will hold up but that we can also take to the store, etc.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"