VBAC

Need to stay positive

I'm new to the board, but wanted to just share how my appointment went today.  I am 38w4days and got checked for the first time.  While I know that it means nothing, I was secretly hoping to be the tiniest bit efaced or dilated.  My MW said she was going to be generous and say that I was a fingertip dilated, soft, but cervix still pretty long.  With my previous pregnancy I did not dilate until 42 weeks with the help of cervidil.  Baby is still head down.  He has been quite nestled in the correct position, but now is asynclitic with his head, or slightly turned.  Obviously I still have tons of time, as I know that anything can change quickly.  The Drs who oversee this practice will not allow me to go past 41 weeks.  They would induce with pitocin and I know that I don't want to go there again.  My MW is kind of a rebel and I think she would figure out how to let me go past 41 if all looked good, but I just really don't want to even have to face that battle.  My husband is really positive and supportive, but I don't really have anyone else to talk to about this who understands or who thinks I'm sane for wanting a VBAC.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

ETA:  There are just a lot of people that keep asking me, "when will the baby be here?"  "What does the Dr. say?"  "When do they think the baby is going to come?"  Hey people, no one knows!!  I will never ask a pregnant woman these questions:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need to stay positive

• Every pg and delivery is different.  Heck, I was dilated around 2 for weeks and never went into labor.  MIL was told there was no way was she having a baby anytime soon, and DH came later that night. Remember - 2nd timers tend to go quicker, at least to the point they got in their previous labor.

Have you tried any of the natural induction techniques?  Sex, EPO, acupuncture, etc?  I know I plan on breaking those out near the end.  Also, check out www.spinningbabies.com for the positioning issues.  I know they have information on asynclitic positioning.

Good luck! I hope you get your VBAC!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It could change at anytime! I'm sure it's difficult, but try not to let that discourage you. 

People are so annoying!

And your son is flippin' ADORABLE! I want to pinch him!  

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies for your advice and compliment;)

I am taking EPO, but did last time also.....I plan on trying acupuncture at 40 if necessary.  I'm getting really excited and feel better when I can just realize that like what was mentioned, anything can change at any time.  Going to check out spinningbabies!

• what is epo?
    Owen is 2.5 yrs old and Molly is almost 1!
  • imagealmostasadler:
    what is epo?

Evening Primrose oil.  You can take it orally or insert vaginally.  Some think it may help soften the cervix. 

• I second spinningbabies!

I know it is frustrating to hear all those questions.  I also understand other people thinking you are insane for wanting to push your baby out.  Just know that you are doing what is best for you and your baby.  I also think that so much of labor is getting your mind in the right place.  Think positive labor thoughts!  You can do it!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"