Parenting
Options

about Kelly Ripa's fractured hip

I prescribe a decent meal.

What is she?  40?

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am

Re: about Kelly Ripa's fractured hip

• Options
    Word !  I am so sick of these Hollywerid skinny ass women who are actually not nourishing themselves properly. 
  • Options
    Agreed! Stop the anorexia. She looks like hell.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No kidding.  Maybe if you didn't look so much like a Q Tip your bones would be less brittle. 

I swear, I would rather fall on the side of chubby that I do than be to thin.  i think those super skinny ladies tend to age very quickly.  A liitle pudge on the face?  Fills in the wrinkles just as good as collagen!

• Options
    Couldn't agree more.  She looked much healthier when she started on All My Children.  She looked to be around a size 8 and much better.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Haha! I just googled "Kelly ripa fractured hip" and this post was one of the top results. I agree that she needs to take it easy on her body.
    DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
  • Options
    I had a friend in college who fractured her hip. She incidentally happened to be anorexic and exercised excessively to the point where her bones just couldn't take it anymore. Is it publicly known whether or not Kelly Ripa also happens to have an eating disorder?
  • Options

imageCleoKitty:
    I had a friend in college who fractured her hip. She incidentally happened to be anorexic and exercised excessively to the point where her bones just couldn't take it anymore. Is it publicly known whether or not Kelly Ripa also happens to have an eating disorder?

I don't think so, but she has said that she is obsessed with working out, which is why I said she needs to take it easy on her body. 

imageimage
  • Options

somebody here (or someone who used to post here) went to school with her.  I can't remember who. 

anyways, yes...I think she's pretty obsessive about the exercise- I wouldn't be surprised if her eating was a little on the jacked up side as well. 

Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Options

These replies reek of jealousy.

Kelly Ripa seems very fit, she clearly takes care of herself. Bone stress fractures can happen even to elite athletes.

But many of you are so quick to say she must be "anorexic"?!  Uh huh. Sorry, but that's just a typical remark made by insecure (and likely, overweight and unhappy) women.

• Options
    imageskinny+girl:

Kelly Ripa seems very fit, she clearly takes care of herself. Bone stress fractures can happen even to elite athletes.

But many of you are so quick to say she must be "anorexic"?!  Uh huh. Sorry, but that's just a typical remark made by insecure (and likely, overweight and unhappy) women.

No, no jealousy.  I am thin, secure and happy.  I just think from her own previous statements that she pushes her body too hard and needs to listen and respect what her body can handle.  Common sense, no?

Sorry to not play along with your snark more.

imageimage
  • Options
    imageskinny+girl:

Huh? Where did anyone say that she must be anorexic? I asked if it was a known issue with her just because that's an unusual injury for someone of her age, but it was just a question based off of my past experience with a friend. I really don't know anything about stress fractures which is why I asked.

• Options
    imageskinny+girl:

Yo, one-post skinny+girl...

perhaps your body image needs a little straightening out itself.

Kelly Ripa is not an elite athlete.  She is a 40ish woman with a fractured hip.

• Options
    imageCleoKitty:

Huh? Where did anyone say that she must be anorexic?

To answer your question, here are two comments along the lines of what I was referring to that you must have missed:

imageFloF9:
    Word !  I am so sick of these Hollywerid skinny ass women who are actually not nourishing themselves properly.

imageshiloh17:
    Agreed! Stop the anorexia. She looks like hell.

• Options
    I freely admitted in my post I was overweight.  By no means am I jealous.  I don't really like the super skinny look, it's a personal preference.  And I'm sorry, but I do not look at someone like Kelly Ripa and think"Oh my she is so fit". Every rib in her body shows through when you see pics of her in a bathing suit.  That's not pretty or healthy imo.
  • Options

I don't really think that it's that usual for someone who works out frequently to have a stress fracture.  I see it at work (nuclear medicine tech) quite a bit.  It can happen in HS kids also.  It's really the repeative exercises (ie running) that can cause it to occur.

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    imageridesbuttons:

What is she?  40?

Do you mean years old or pounds?

• Options
    Well, based on what I could find her most recent stats asre 5'3" and 92 lbs.  That's a BMI slightly over 16 which is pretty underweight.
  • Options

I am definitely jealous!  I would love to look like this.

A picture of health!  image

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a fear that dd is going to end up with an ugly belly button like that. 
  • Options

Skinny + chick - I'll say it again.  I think women who go overboard for the sake of "looks" really need to rethink this and "nourish" their bodies.  You can be slim and thin all you want, but when you do something to the extreme, it can't possibly be good for you. 

FWIW - I'm jealous of Jennifer Garner's body. She's thin but athletic.  Not bony and scrawny.

• Options

imagemlm1128:
    I have a fear that dd is going to end up with an ugly belly button like that. 

Yeah, dd has that bellybutton. I've had a couple close friends joke that she isn't going to be wearing a bikini when she's a teenager with that bellybutton, lol.

• Options
    Curious that you'll rarely hear a group of women rail against a 20+pound overweight woman in the media with as much fervor as those of you who are so quick to tear down someone who is lean.

Is it because drumstick arms, dimply thighs and tummy rolls are more relate-able? Ah, the picture of health.
  • Options

She is not one of those people that is just naturally tiny. She was much bigger when she was first on AMC. So, I don't believe for one second she is just one of those people that can't keep weight on. She is freakin ripped from working out like crazy and IMO she looks too skinny. I have never heard of a fractured hip (not that it doesn't happen but the OP's point is not farfetched) on anyone except for someone who is very old.

• Options
    I'm what most would consider skinny. THAT is disgusting, though. Seeing the bones in the upper chest is just weird and not natural at all.
  • Options

imageskinny+girl:
    Curious that you'll rarely hear a group of women rail against a 20+pound overweight woman in the media with as much fervor as those of you who are so quick to tear down someone who is lean.

Is it because drumstick arms, dimply thighs and tummy rolls are more relate-able? Ah, the picture of health.

FAIL, I just about posted today that I think Jessica Simpson is not someone that carries extra weight well. And there all kinds of posts and websites RE: "what were they thinking" wearing something and oftentimes the outfit looks ridiculous because the celebrity is too large to wear it. To say there is less judgement when a celeb puts on a few extra pounds/or is 20 lbs overweight is redonk!

I've never seen a post on here where people blew smoke up the ass of someone who needed to lose weight either so no, I'm pretty sure it is not the consensus that dimply thighs are the picture of health.

• Options

imageskinny+girl:

So what you are saying is that Kelly Ripa is 20+pounds underweight?

She is in the media and projects an unhealthy body image that is damaging to girls and women.  Whoever said 'Hollyweird' is right on.

• Options
    I'm really curious who skinny+girl is. There are a few of us skinny chicks, but I'm thinking it's not one of us. J'aime?
  • Options
    Based on the fracture, her age and how she looks I'd say it's highly likely she's anorexic. 
  • Options
    I had a fractured hip at 28 and have had 2 replacements.  I am not anorexic but I do work out frequently.  Not saying that it is common but it does happen.
  • Options

She looks like Nicole Ritchie, pre baby. Cracked out and ga-ross.Agree w/ PP that to me, Jennifer Garner is the picture of health. I would love her arms.

FWIW, I'm 10 lbs over my ideal weight. Damn kids getting sick, needing their mommy so I can't work out.

DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • Options

I'm 29 and have fractured a hip. I run 50+ miles a week and repetitive stress from an activity such as running (and I'm pretty sure she is a runner) make it not so unlikely for her to have fractured her hip.

I do think she is underweight though and am not a huge fan of her skinniness. I love Jessica Biel's look in Valentine's Day - she has great curves but has so much muscle tone. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"