Boston Babies
Options

Newton-Wellesley or Brigham's Maternity Unit?

I was recommended to go to Newton-Wellesley or Brigham's hospital. But I'm not sure which to choose? Does anyone know which is good or what each offer? During labor, stay, etc.

I read Newton-Wellesley your baby stays with the entire time and in the same room but also heard many good things about Brigham's. I hope someone can help me...

Re: Newton-Wellesley or Brigham's Maternity Unit?

• Options
    i've had 3 babies at NWH and have nothing but good things to say...  i am sure the brigham is also great.  do you have an ob/gyn?  maybe start there and see where they deliver.  
  • Options
    I don't think that you could really go wrong with either one.  The Brigham is probably the best known and has a great reputation and while I've never heard anyone complain about delivering there, I have heard from some that it felt a bit like a delivery factory and that they received great care but did feel a bit like a number.  We are delivering at NWH mainly because of our insurance co-pay (well that is what made me even look at it as a possibility) but when I did my research I found that everyone I spoke to her who delivered there had nothing but great things to say.  They are also a sister hosp to BWH and so if there were any complications that NWH couldn't handle it would be easy to transfer, although NWH has a maternal fetal medicine unit and a special care nursery so I'm really not concerned.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sure Newton-Wellesley is great.  I've never heard anyone say they had a bad expeience there.  But for me it was an easy decision to go to Brigham.  They are continously ranked as one of the best hospitals in the country.  And they are connected to Children's - again one of the best.  God forbid anything major go wrong during your pregnancy or during/after the birth, wouldn't you want to already be among the best.  As pp said, NWH can transfer you to BWH.  Why not start there?

• Options
    I delivered at NWH in 2008 and my sister in law delivered at the Brigham. I would definitely vote for Brigham.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered at NWH a few weeks ago and have nothing but the most wonderful things to say about it. I would/will someday deliver there again with future pregnancies without question.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at Brigham in April 2010 and am pregnant again due July 2011 and I wouldn't go anywhere else!  It is an amazing hospital with the best staff around.  My last delivery was extremely difficult (forceps, vacuum, rushed for c-section, my son was in NICU) and I never felt like a number or as if we were not getting the absolute best care possible.  They have private rooms that are like suites. I can't say enough about the staff that was able to save my sons life AND eventually I ended up with a vaginal birth but the rush to the C-section happened in a matter of seconds.   The OR was full of top natch staff (close to 15 people) from around the hospital including top rated Pediatric Surgeons, doctors.  It was like a circus but I felt safe and well taken care of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"