Oregon Babies
Options

Anyone willing to lend maternity clothes?

Hi!

I realize this is a kind of personal request to just put out there to everyone but I'm new to the area and don't know anyone I can ask personally yet. My husband is a full-time student and I haven't found work yet and really can't afford to buy maternity clothes. I'm due the beginning of April, so I'd have them back to you as soon after that as possible. We're clean people, no smoking, no pets, no other kids. I promise I'll take good care of them.

I'm 5'1" (although height isn't an issue. I'm plenty used to rolling pant legs!) Usually around a size 2 and X-small or Small.

Can anyone help me out or know someone who might be able to? I live in Newberg but could pick up from anywhere around Portland. Please let me know.

Thanks so much!

Re: Anyone willing to lend maternity clothes?

• Options

I don't have any to lend to you but I do know of some place you can get some to keep :)

https://motherandchild-edu.org/

You can stop by there any time and pick up maternity clothes for free.. they don't ask about income or anything and they have a pretty decent selection. It might be a little bit of a drive, but they are really awesome people there, there are a number of services to help you.  They are located at 1515 NE 41st Avenue, Portland, OR 97232.

Good luck! 

• Options

Absolutely, c-train! I'm 5'1&3/4" myself, so I can hook you up with some...I'm 4 months post baby, and still wearing some of them, but will be happy to lend the ones I'm not using now!

Now how do we get in touch on this crazy thing without posting our personal contact info on the interwebs? Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The Pregnancy Resource Center in Beaverton also has maternity clothes. If you do some of their short little classes they let you go through their maternity closet. I didn't do it, so I don't know what the selection is like, but I know it's a great resource to have. :) The people there are fantastic too. Here's the address:

4975 Southwest Watson Avenue
    Beaverton, OR 97005-0509
    (503) 643-4503

I think they have Portland locations too...

• Options
    I also live in Newberg, and am not as tiny as you :(  But there is a new consignment shop called "pitter patter" on College that sells Maternity clothes at very inexpensive prices. You might want to check there too :)
  • Options

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Researchmom - That's great. I found an option for sending messages directly back and forth, so hopefully it works. If you click on "My Bump" a page should open that has some options along the top. Click on "My Friends" and then once that opens behind it, there's a tab for "Messages". Please let me know if you got the one I sent!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"