Military Families
Options

Question about Prime

Have you ever switched OBs mid-pregnancy? I'm not really happy with mine, but someone told me that you're not allowed to switch once you've started seeing one.
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about Prime

• Options
    I bet if you raised enough hell so to speak, it wouldn't be a  problem. I wouldn't see why it would be an issue as long as the insurance approved the new Doc. Def. worth asking about.
  • Options
    I believe you can. You just need to inform the Tricare office. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I first chose my OB through the tricare office they told me if I felt the need to make a change just to let them know.  No one expects you to deliver with a doctor/practice that you are uncomfortable with. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ...though I've never been pregnant to see an OBGYN, I have always been able to choose and switch my family practice doctor. All I have had to do was use their online tool to find a doctor that accpted Tricare, fill out the form and fax it into them so that they updated my file.
    TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Options
    You can change your PCM or your OB at anytime while having TriCare (any type). It is your right as a patient to determine who you want to see. (As long as they accept Tricare) All you need to do is call tricare or go to their office on base and request a change. I wouldn't suggest switching BEFORE talking to tricare. If you do you might end up paying out of pocket for whatever visits you have since they technically haven't approved them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"