Parenting

Poll: When do you put presents under the Christmas tree?

Or the proverbial tree for those of you who don't have them. :)

Do you do it all Christmas Eve?   Do you put some under the tree as you go?

How does everyone do it?  I remember I used to beg and plead for my mom to wait to put them under until Christmas Eve because I had no self control.  Gave me horrible anxiety even as a young child to not be able to open them until Christmas.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Poll: When do you put presents under the Christmas tree?

• I put them under the tree as I wrap them, other than the big gifts, which I guess are from Santa. I like to buy fun wrapping paper and the gifts become part of my holiday decor. :)
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • I put them under as I wrap them...but then all the fun stuff comes from Santa around here (or family) so it's not too interesting.  We'll see if DS gets into them too much this year.  DD#2 never did and she was the same age as him her first Christmas (if that makes sense) but he's into everything these days and she never was.  Ugh.  He hasn't tried to climb the tree yet.  That's something.
  • Loading the player...
  • I put all but Santa's gifts under the tree as I get them wrapped.
  • As they get wrapped.  I like the look of stuff under the tree.  Our rug is sort of fugly.
  • Gifts for other people go under as I wrap them. Gifts for the girls all go out after bedtime on Christmas Eve.
  • Christmas Eve. I have animals so they would get destroyed if I put them under the tree any sooner.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • We put everything out on Christmas eve, I know my kids would open them, specially DD
  • As I wrap them. Except for Santa gifts and stocking stuffers, Those get special wrapping paper and get wrapped on Christmas eve
  • I wait till Christmas Eve, just so the boys and dogs won't bother them...but as they get older, I'd like to start earlier.  We are having a Christmas party in a couple weeks, I'll probably try to have some out just to add to the decor, even if I have to put them away again :)
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • I put them out Christmas eve. The girls open their gifts from us Christmas eve and then the ones from Santa on Christmas morning.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • I think I will have to wait until Christmas Eve this year. DS would get up in the middle of the night and open them early if I put them out any sooner. Sad The kid has no respect for the rules of NOT opening presents. He even opened up his sister's birthday presents the morning of her birthday before she got up while I was in the shower. Apparently DH didn't hear him Hmm
  • I put all but Santa gifts under the tree as I wrap them.  All but one gift is from Santa for DD though.
  • The tree looks naked without presents.  I put them out after the tree is decorated.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imagepeekaboo716:
    I think I will have to wait until Christmas Eve this year. DS would get up in the middle of the night and open them early if I put them out any sooner. Sad The kid has no respect for the rules of NOT opening presents. He even opened up his sister's birthday presents the morning of her birthday before she got up while I was in the shower. Apparently DH didn't hear him Hmm
       too funny
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Usually Christmas Eve, my kids would tear into them if I put them under there before then.

Before we had kids I would wrap empty boxes for decoration and before I had presents to wrap. I was anal about having something under the tree :) 

Now...not so much :(

Mommy to three adorable boys!
  • As I shop and find the time to wrap, I put them out.  So far I have a few under there now for friends and my Mom.  None for the kids or DH though.  I've got a bunch of stuff hidden that I plan to wrap today.  The problem is that DS is whining about wanting to open gifts NOW and doesn't understand why Christmas is SO far off in the future.  Teaching him "Patience is a virtue!" this Christmas!  :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"