Detroit Babies
Options

Beaumont Childbirth Ed Class - Troy

Anybody been? We have our first class this Sat & I'm curious as to what to expect.

It's going to be a long couple of days for sure (9-4 two Saturdays in a row).

Re: Beaumont Childbirth Ed Class - Troy

• Options
    We took the class, but did the four week one where it's in the evenings.  The first night of the class was really boring because they spent a lot of time talking about pregnancy and things that can happen during pregnancy, which seemed like a waste of time.  But, the rest of the information was really helpful.  They even had an anesthesiologist come in to talk to us.  The "positions" they taught us where we did floor work could have been more advanced, but it was nice to learn a few ways to work through the pain.  I ended up having a c-section so felt like the 75% of the class was a waste in the end, but it will be good for when we decide to have baby #2. Smile
  • Options
    I can't be that much help. I was a childbirth ed class drop out. We wen't to the first one and never went back. Let's just say we had 'creative differences' with the instructor and were so offended we never went back. The first class we just talked about when to go to the hospital, what to expect in the first stages of labor. She also talked about some pain management options and then watched a video. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to the class and some of the stuff talked about was pointless but some I found useful. I ended up with a c-section but the talk on breathing and pain management I am sure I would have found useful. Our teacher touched on csections and I am glad I went for that. It was nice to know what to expect.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You'll have to report back as to how it went.  DH and I decided against taking any classes.  My doctor said that every delivery is different and it wasn't necessary.  She just said we should take a CPR class, if nothing else.  I still have time to change my mind though. 

Did you do the labor and delivery tour?  I just set that up for later on in the month. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Like a PP said its sort of boring, but was nice to talk to other couples going thru the same things.  The last part of classes where you go over labor positions was the most helpful for me.  Mine was weeknights for more than two sessions so it may be different than it was 3+ years ago. 

My new OB actually doesn't recommend it since she claims the nurse teaching isn't active anymore.  But I somewhat think its just so patients will pay the $75 to her office for her NP to teach a class.  Stick out tongue  I don't plan to take their class since I've done it once.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    We took the Saturday class in Troy as well and I really enjoyed it!  There was a lot of helpful information about labor, delivery and postpartum.  Like PPs, I found the portions about labor positions and breathing techniques to be the most helpful.  The class as a whole made me feel more knowledgable about childbirth and helped me feel more prepared and less nervous.  I used a lot of the techniques the nurse recommended during my labor and it really helped my pain!  I also really loved the nurse who taught the class. (Not sure if it's the same one every class or not).  They also had an anesthesiologist come talk to us about pain management, which was nice.  And don't worry, the class goes by quickly.  You get a break every hour plus a lunch break.  And we left by 3 both Saturdays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"