Baby Showers
Options

Coed Shower Ideas Please!!

My good friend is having her first baby. I have offered to throw her a shower, and she wants it to be coed. I have no problem with that. My problem is that the guys don't want to go to a "baby shower". What else can I call it? Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you!

Re: Coed Shower Ideas Please!!

• Options

What about a buffet with a few short games and then poker table for the guys (or PS3 games) while the ladies enjoy a pedi/mani?

• Options

How do you know that the guys don't want to come?  Have they actually told you this or are you guessing? 

First, I would talk to the mom-to-be.  If she wants a co-ed shower, perhaps she has ideas of how it would work with your group of friends.

Second, if mom-to-be doesn't have any ideas then I would think of this more as a gathering, more like a bbq than a shower.  Keep it very simple, don't play traditional shower games and provide hearty food and beer.  I agree with the pp, do poker or something of the sort like trivia.  You could also set up a tournament of whatever

Good luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a coed shower and the guys weren't weird about it at all.  We had a lot of guys that made it and there was no need for video games and poker tables to entice them. 
  • Options

A lot of guys these days don't mind going to baby showers, but if you are really concerned with calling it a shower, you can just call it a gathering in honor of the baby-to-be or mom-to-be...

Figure out what type of activities you are going to have going on and put that information on the invitation so it doesn't send any guys running. 

I am going to be having a picnic/bbq in the park where we will probably have little competition games and guys can throw around the football and eat and do whatever. good luck!! 

• Options

I've thrown a couple of co-ed showers, and the guys were just as happy to be there as the girls. We did a couple as open house, come & go showers. We had a lunch prepared, and people came and visited with the mom & dad, and then left when they felt it was appropriate. 

I'm currently planning a shower for my cousin & his wife, and we're throwing it in honor of the dad instead of the mom, since her friends want to throw her one as well. It's going to be a full on comic book theme as the dad is really into comics.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"