Los Angeles Babies

prenatal yoga with DH

hi gals,

I haven't been to any prenatal yoga yet, but my dh has been saying for quite a while that he wants to start doing yoga.  are there ever any men in these classes or would it be weird for him to come?  what are your opinions? thanks!

Re: prenatal yoga with DH

• Occasionally a yoga teacher will hold a couples yoga class and men are welcome there.  I think that in general, guys are not that welcome in prenatal yoga classes, but they do show up occasionally. 

I'm sure that some will disagree, sayging that guys are welcome and it's all a big love fest, or that their husband came and it was great... but I have to disagree.  Guys totally change the dynamics in the room.  Even non-pregnant women and observers change the dynamics.

I know that goldenbridgeyoga.com has couples yoga occasionally as does Patricia's class at Yoga Works in the southbay.  

Golden Bridge sometimes has another class going on in a different room while the prenatal yoga class is running, so he could be yoga-ing while you yoga (just in different rooms).

Chelssea

chelsea @ Westsidedoula.com

• thks for the info Chelsea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"