Minnesota Babies

On bedrest now

Well ladies, I got to spend most of my holiday weekend at Methodist for contractions. Long story short, I was there from Friday until Sunday, but it's under control and I'm home now on modified bedrest until delivery.

We need to keep these girls cooking awhile longer! I'm not ready to meet them just yet.

Hopefully I can keep them in until at least January. We're doing little goals for now (28 weeks, 30 weeks, etc.).

I hate not working, but deep down I had a feeling it was going to happen soon. I'm not very mobile these days anyway. Stick out tongue

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: On bedrest now

• Oh no! I was just thinking about you and wondering how things were going. Do the contractions have anything to do with the possible TTTS? How's that?

Sorry to hear you are on bedrest, but it's best for your girls! Thinking of you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey Sarah! I was wondering how you were doing too. Big Smile

The good news is that it appears we have avoided TTTS. The girls are measuring almost equally now. I've been taking a crap-ton of vitamins and protein per my doctor's instructions, so that may have been a factor. They are both doing awesome now, which is a huge relief! It's just me and my uterus and cervix they are worried about now.

Fortunately my cervix actually lengthened a bit while I was at the hospital. I just have to make sure I continue to lie down a lot and not be on my feet much. It's me against gravity now.

I'm hoping that I can make it into the new year before we meet them. I think we can do it. I'm on Procardia now to help keep the contractions at bay along with the bedrest.

That wasn't the tour I was hoping for at Methodist, but the staff was absolutely awesome the entire time I was there. I give them two very big thumbs up!

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh, yes keep those babies baking longer. Good luck with bed rest. I am SAHM and would love to come up and visit or bring you lunch or dinner if you want me too. Just let me know!
  • Let me know if you want me to bring anything over or if you need some entertainment, Aiden has started to dance a lot & he can put on a show for you :)  
  • Visitors are TOTALLY welcome after next week. I have to finish up my semester first. Stick out tongue

I have one more paper to write and then DH is probably going to have to drive me to my bio final. After that, it's just me and my furry friends hanging out.

• Definitely keep those girls cooking! Good luck on bedrest...it can't be easy, but it's totally worth it! And, with the holiday's, I'm sure the time will pass so quickly for you!

Ashley & Christian
  • I'm so sorry that you're on bedrest.  Good luck and keep those girls cooking a little longer!  I was on bedrest for 4 weeks for preterm labor and just came off a couple weeks ago.  It is no fun, but will definitely be worth it in the end!  Just keep your sights on keeping them safe and on the day you'll get to hold your precious little ones. :)  Take care!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"