Birth Stories

Birth Story

I was 39 weeks 2 days when I went into labor, this is how it happened:

It was Saturday evening and our friends had come over for dinner and to watch a movie.  At about 8:00 pm. I asked my friend if she would go to Walmart with me. I had not packed my hospital bag yet and I needed some things.  While at Walmart I started having some pain, but it wasn't anything major.  We got back to my house and started watching a movie. During the movie, I started having really bad back pain, to the point where I could not sit on the couch like normal. I would sit up straight and my DH would rub my back as hard as he could (normally he has to rub really light)  At 11:00 pm my friend was timing my back pain...it was every 10 minutes. In the next hour, the back pain went from every 10 minutes to every 2-3 minutes and it was lasting a minute and a half each time. At midnight we decided to head to the hospital. When we got to the hospital, they checked me and I was only dialiated to a 1. They sent me to walk the halls.  We walked for about an hour and then I sat on a labor ball for another hour.  They checked me again and I was at a 2. By this point, I was in so much pain, my back hurt so bad.  My son was sunny side up. The hospital went ahead and admitted me.  The nurses spent the next 2 hours trying to get him to turn over. When that didn't work, they went ahead and gave me my Epi. After getting the epi, I tried to get some rest.  At 7:00 am I was given Pitocin and they broke my water. At 1:00 I was fully dialiated and ready to start pushing. My baby boy was born at 2:41 pm on August 29.  He was 7 lbs 13 oz and 22 inches long.  He was face up when he was born, causing Mommy to have a 4th degree tear.  Thanks to my epi, I didn't feel a thing. I had a really good birthing experience and am excited to do it again........eventually!

boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"