Two Under 2

What age to move older kid to a big bed?

I am just clueless on when this happens in your experience?
~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What age to move older kid to a big bed?

• Love the name, mine is spelt the same way :)

We just switched to the toddler rail in his crib but we haven't tried it out yet. We will start with naps tomorrow. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not until it becomes dangerous for them to stay in (trying to climb out)

For us that was 28 months with #1 and more like 30+ months with #2.

With a baby to care for I wanted the oldest in the crib as long as humanly possible!

Buying a 2nd crib was some of the best $$ we ever spent. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • We moved our toddler at 18 months because he had learned to climb out. Switching to the bed wasn't that big a deal and I'm glad we did it before the baby came so we had that free.
  • Natalie is 22 months and still in her crib. I will keep her in there as long as she will stay. When the baby was born it was so nice to have a safe place for the older one and not have to worry about her wandering around when she should be sleeping.
  • we just moved my DS around 28 months.  he slept so well in the crib, we figured why mess with it!  we bought a second crib for DD when she came along.  plus it was nice to know that he would be safe in his crib, and not roaming around, when we were dealing with the new baby.

we moved DS straight to a twin bed (i think toddler beds are a waste - just a crib, with no rails) and he did fantastic.  we decided to move him because he is so big and tall (95+ percentile for height and weight) and he just didn't look comfortable in the crib anymore. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"