School-Aged Children
Options

Does Santa come to your house?

How many gifts does "he" bring per kid? How many gifts do you give them?
Effing crazy people.

Re: Does Santa come to your house?

• Options
    We have a Christmas Eve party that we go to every year that Santa stops at.  We provide the gift that he hands out.  So they get one Santa gift on xmas eve.   Then Christmas morning there is one more gift from Santa, plus the stockings.  Everything else is from us.  That's maybe a function of my laziness of not having to worry about "special" wrapping paper and such from Santa.
  • Options

I split it up pretty evenly now that she's 8.  She still believes in Santa but a few years ago when EVERYTHING used to be from Santa she started saying, "How come you guys never get me anything for Christmas"? 

D'oh!  Her "big" gift for the year still comes from Santa and then I just split it up from there.  If there are certain things we've talked about, those are from us.  Secret things that I hear her saying during the year that she would like that she's forgotten about I have those come from Santa for that "surprise" effect.  Her stocking is from Santa too.  She's busted me a few times and I just lie it all away. 

"How come there's a Target sticker on this lip gloss?  Oh, sometimes mommy has to help Santa find things he can't make". 

"Why is it the same wrapping paper?  Me:  I tell Santa he can use ours when he comes here.  It's easier for him that way".  Christmas is about the spirit of lying to your kids, right?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedebbiezoey:

I split it up pretty evenly now that she's 8.  She still believes in Santa but a few years ago when EVERYTHING used to be from Santa she started saying, "How come you guys never get me anything for Christmas"? 

D'oh!  Her "big" gift for the year still comes from Santa and then I just split it up from there.  If there are certain things we've talked about, those are from us.  Secret things that I hear her saying during the year that she would like that she's forgotten about I have those come from Santa for that "surprise" effect.  Her stocking is from Santa too.  She's busted me a few times and I just lie it all away. 

"How come there's a Target sticker on this lip gloss?  Oh, sometimes mommy has to help Santa find things he can't make". 

"Why is it the same wrapping paper?  Me:  I tell Santa he can use ours when he comes here.  It's easier for him that way".  Christmas is about the spirit of lying to your kids, right?

How funny! My mom was a lot like you. I probably am tooWink

Effing crazy people.
  • Options
    #6#6 member
    imagedebbiezoey:

Christmas is about the spirit of lying to your kids, right?

BEST QUOTE EVER!   

• Options

Santa brings one gift and it does not get wrapped. It is usually a big gift, 2 years ago bikes that were left on the front porch b/c it wouldn't fit down the chimney :) 

They are not getting too much this year: books, outfit, barbie, pillow pet and a tv for my dd's room from Santa. 

• Options

Santa comes to our house! He brings the kids one "big" gift, usually the most expensive or the thing they reallllly wanted. 

We don't really buy a set amount of gifts per child. We have a $$ amount we have set aside for Christmas and when it's gone, it's gone. This year we only had about $1600 between the two kids, each other, my parents and my son's godparents to buy for. 

• Options

Of course!

He brings one "big" present per kid, or a shared present for the two of them (like the year we got the Wii.)  For instance, this year DD is getting an mp3 player and DS is getting the Huffy Green Machine.  Then each kid gets 4 or 5 other "Santa" presents, always toys, video games, or books.  They get fruit, candy, gum, pencils/crayons and a few small/silly toys in their stockings.

DH and I give them clothes, and other "boring" stuff.  This was a point of contention between DH and I when we first had kids, because this was NOT the way it was in my family.  I didn't want to get the kids only socks and underwear.  I've come around to the fun of all the toys being from Santa, though.  It's pretty fun.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    imageLucky*Ducky:
    imagedebbiezoey:

Christmas is about the spirit of lying to your kids, right?

BEST QUOTE EVER!   

So true!  I have a whole line of crazy stories I have told over the years to keep the myth alive.  I have said that Santa makes some toys but gets some at stores -- he can't make EVERYTHING for 2 billion kids, right?  

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Santa only brings one gift per child to our house.  It is usually the one that was at the top of their list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"