Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

I'm Making My Own Thread to say...

I so do not have the baby fever.

Don't get me wrong, I get super nostalgiac for my little guy's younger days, but I can tell that I'm wishing to hold MY squishy baby boy, not a new squishy.

And DH and I are so not ready for it financially or emotionally or parentally yet, so I can proudly say that I will live vicariously through you all and remain firmly on the half of the board that is not pregnant or TTC. (Knock on wood.)

Who is with me?

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.

Re: I'm Making My Own Thread to say...

• Options

Even though I have a NB, can I still remain with you? I am all done having babies.

Pretty please?

ETA: You can always come hold my new squishy.

Edited to make more sense too.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Me and my ParaGard are totally with you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Me, too.

Honestly, the very thought of being pregnant or having a newborn again sends me into a panic attack.  It's bad enough that we may be done having children altogether.  I love my little guy, but he's a handful.  I don't need or want another one in the foreseeable future.  Luckily, DH is in exactly the same place.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Do I respond here or make a new thread?

• Options

I'm with you. I miss the days when DS was a newborn, but the thought of holding a newborn AND dealing with DS at the same time makes me want to sit in the corner, rocking and crying.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options

I'm with you. Frankly, I don't even really miss when my girls were little babies. I love the ages they are now so much, and I especially enjoy the sleep.

I know I want a third, but not now or anytime soon. 

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options
    I'm with you for at least a year.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options
    Amen sista!  I am definitely not having any kind of baby fever.  With the way Ava has been sleeping lately, I already feel like I have a newborn again and i have to say, i definitely do not miss those days and am not needing to relive again.
  • Options
    I'm so with you and I can I say I don't miss anything about the newborn days?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When I start to feel sad about DS growing up so fast and start longing for a new "squishy" (lol) my good friend reminds me that it's not a new baby I'm wanting, it's DS as an infant that I'm wanting. She's right, I want to hold onto little tiny him forever (and yes even toddler him). The idea of him growing up makes me cry and breaks my heart. Yeah.....that's a whole other subject.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    imagemfransdell:

Bahahahahahah!

• Options

I am totally with you! DD just turned one and I have been super nostalgic lately, but like you said it's not for a new baby, it's for the baby turned toddler I already have. I really thought I would be ready by now, but DH and I are just so...not.

We were going to start TTC next summer, but we have been talking about delaying it for another year. I just started WW and have been doing so well, I would like to get to my goal weight before TTC (I have 80+ lbs to lose). We would like to save more money and most of all just enjoy DD.

DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options

imagekiwi443:
    I'm with you for at least a year.

me too!!  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options

*raises hand *

me too!

• Options
    Me :) Though I'm loving all my friends brand new babies and miss my DS being tiny, I'm not ready for another anytime soon!
  • Options
    imagemfransdell:

That was specially for Kit.

But I must say, I know so little about you, franny...what side are you on? One and done, waiting a while, or getting it on like teenagers trying for a second poopy pants? You can answer whichever way you choose (here or in your own special thread)...I'll still read it.

Wink

• Options

I'm fixed and ecstatic. I'm not a fan of the newborn stage at all.

• Options
    imageheatherlane:
    imagemfransdell:

But I must say, I know so little about you, franny...what side are you on? One and done, waiting a while, or getting it on like teenagers trying for a second poopy pants? You can answer whichever way you choose (here or in your own special thread)...I'll still read it.

Wink

Ahhh.

I'm in the "I still havent figured it out yet" group.  Im just kind of going with the flow of things for now.

• Options
    omg this is completely me. I don't know why but I've recently been super jealous lately of anybody pregnant for the second time. I have no idea why, it's like I want #2 so badly, but then I don't want everything that I had to deal with in the newborn stage... and DH is just adamant about not having kids again. I was a total emotional mess with no family to help us out when DS was born, and it's still fresh in my mind..
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm jumping on your band wagon. My sister just had another baby and she has a two year old. Just being at her house makes me tired. I want to wait until G is at least 2-21/2 before we start trying.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I didnt until VERY recently and my fiance and I decided to try for another. We had a pregnancy scare when my daughter was 6 months old and I cried and cried and cried but I ended up starting a day or two later
  • Options
    imagemfransdell:
    imageheatherlane:
    imagemfransdell:

Wink

Ahhh.

I'm in the "I still havent figured it out yet" group.  Im just kind of going with the flow of things for now.

I guess this is kind of where most of us are.

Like others, I though I would want to TTC by now, too, to have mine 2-3 years apart. But it's just not happening. Maybe in a year? We'll see.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...I was starting to be afraid of the water at TB with all the BFP posts lately!

• Options
    I was TOTALLY right there with you... then I got a BFP. Oops.
  • Options

We are SO not ready for this (financially or emotionally)! We were not TTC but this little surprise came before AF even showed up!

There are plus and minuses to having them close together or far apart. I just hope this LO is not like DD in newborn stage! She had horrible reflux, colic and could not be put down. I literally walked and bounced her for 3 months day and night! I will die if I have to do that again with a 16 month old.  

• Options

imagesazzie:

SAZZIE!!! Congrats! Woohoo!

• Options

Haha - I just saw this thread.

Still TTC over here.

• Options

I would love to have 4 or 5 more babies, but with all of the traveling DH and I do, I can't envision it right now.  The au pair has her hands full as it is!

• Options
    I'm with you....but it's sort of different because I don't want another kid, ever. One and done and thrilled, not on the fence, not guilty, all around giddy about my decision.
  • Options
    I'm with you!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    At 33 weeks along I'm with you.....hoping it kicks in soon! Hard to be excited with m/s still. 
    (eta pregnancy was planned but it has been so much harder than my first one)
  • Options
    Nopers, not ready at all for LO numero dos! DD is a handful and a half right now at 15 months and I can't even imagine what she'll be like at 2. I think we might wait until she's 3.. but ya never know. I really do miss the snuggly, squishyness of NB's tho.
  • Options
    imagetabi_ja:

Me, too.

Honestly, the very thought of being pregnant or having a newborn again sends me into a panic attack.  It's bad enough that we may be done having children altogether.  I love my little guy, but he's a handful.  I don't need or want another one in the foreseeable future.  Luckily, DH is in exactly the same place.

This-I could have written this word for word.  ::shudder::

• Options

The idea of a baby sounds so fun, sweet and exciting but the thought of actually trying to conceive and raise another one scares the crap out of me.  So much so that I told Dh not too long ago that instead of TTC this summer maybe we should postpone til next summer.  

In all honesty, I do not think I will ever be 100% ready for baby number two although I know I do want more than one child. I am either going to need an oops to happen or go into it not 100% ready and just trust in DH and I that it will be all alright in the end.   

Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am totally with you! and frankly I am so sick of people asking when baby #2 is coming!!! Why can't people just let me enjoy m at this age and spend some time with him!?!?
    love, passion, adore, always. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yea, me either.

I'm having too much fun on my all wine and hot wings diet. :)

• Options
    I'm very much with you!
  • Options
    DH is snipped. So we're as done as it gets. I get to live vicariously through my sisters when they have their kiddos. :)
  • Options
    imagesazzie:

lmao! This! It's going to be fun dealing with a (barely) 2 year old and a newborn. Way to make a gal depressed ladies... ;) Joking, of course.
  • Options
    Yes 100%!
  • Options
    I'm with you! I don't have baby fever either. DH and I don't even want to start trying for baby #2 until Bryce is 3 years old. My sister just had a LO, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE HIM TO BITS! However, he just verifies that I'm not ready for another. I don't miss making bottles, I don't miss waking up every hour in the night, I don't miss pumping/breastfeeding, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"