South Florida Babies

songs for video

Sorry to be a post whore today, but....I'm working on Carley's first year video and I need one more song so that it can finish looping through the pictures. Any ideas? Moms of 1+ year old's, did you make a video for your LO's? What songs did you use?

Re: songs for video

• I literally worked on my video for months and even after cutting a bunch of video clips and pictures out, it still turned out to be 30 minutes. I used about 6 songs. I'm having a total mental block now so I'll get back to you in a bit with the list of songs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haven't done a one year one, but I did a newborn one with pics and video clips from the hospital when she was born and our first night home and it ended up being 10 minutes long (so yeah...imagine how long it will be when and if I try to cover her whole first year! LOL). Anyway, I used three songs - "New Soul" by Yael Naim, "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys, and "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. I had toyed with the idea of doing CD favors for her b-day party (which I nixed) and some of the songs I had in mind to use in addition to those three were "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train, "All American Girl" by Carrie Underwood (this one is amazing for a little girl!!!!), "Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher" by Jackie Wilson, and "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles. You can always use "My Girl" too. I'll let you know if I think of any more :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan on using Sade: The Sweetest Gift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj873-nVvkg

~The Sweetest Gift lyrics

Quietly while you were asleep
    The moon and I were talking
    I asked that she'd always keep you protected

She promised you her light
    That you so gracefully carry
    You bring your light and shine like morning

And then the wind pulls the clouds across the moon
    Your light fills the darkest room