Nurseries and Baby Gear

What to register for?

We've had a lot of well-meaning relatives and friends recently give us random baby equipment they no longer need (e.g. baby tubs, stroller, bumbo, high chair, maternity clothes, car seat carrier, pack n' play, crib, breast pump machine, etc.). I'm thankful that this will help us to save on costs. But there's a part of me that would like to have a few new things for our first baby too. Any recommendations on which items should be new? I don't want to seem ungrateful but I'd like to have a few new things too.

Re: What to register for?

• Items that should be bought new are: crib, car seat, and breast pump.  I would double check for recalls on any used items you plan to keep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• We are almost done buying all of our stuff and let me tell you, I was thankful for every item given to us and wish I was given more!! It gets very expensive just buying the basics and if the stuff given to you was in good condition, I would use as much of it as you can.

This said the items we were told by many doctors to buy new were the car seat, the crib mattress and all the acces. for the breast pump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKyleTrigger:

We are almost done buying all of our stuff and let me tell you, I was thankful for every item given to us and wish I was given more!! It gets very expensive just buying the basics and if the stuff given to you was in good condition, I would use as much of it as you can.

This said the items we were told by many doctors to buy new were the car seat, the crib mattress and all the acces. for the breast pump.

Unless you got a hospital grade (closed system) used pump, it doesn't matter if you buy new accessories.  Milk can get in the motor contaminating the entire system.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Register for all new pump parts and order new tubing.  I would get new bottles and nipples.  A used swing and bouncy seat will be fine.  You should also get a play mat with hanging toys. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pump and car seat should be new. Check for recals on the rest and just double check parts.

Think about your lifestyle and how these things will work. Given a bouncy but you travel all.the.time? Register for a bouncy that folds up. We actually had two as it was great to have one on each level of the house. Same with strollers - we have a few for different purposes.

There will still be plenty to register for: bottles, pump accessories, clothing, wipes, diapers, towels/washcloths, blankets, personal care items, sling/carrier, toys for 0-18 months (stash away and you'll be sooo happy you did!), spoons, diaper bag, etc, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"