Secondary IF
Options

C-Sections/Adenomyosis and Secondary Infertility ( long )

Recently diagnosed with Adenomyosis, this isn't something I had ever heard of.  My OB/GYN kept telling me I had fibroids.  This explains my cramping throughtout my entire cycle for years, heavy-painful periods. I really believe this is the cause for my infertility. This condidtion is common in women who have had c sections.  The muscle layer of the uterus is thick and grows tissue throughout it which makes implantation difficult or impossible. Some websites  say it doesn't effect fertility but my doctor believes it does because of the implantation.  The only cure is a hysterectomy which isn't happening. I wish I would have asked more questions like if I have an IUI what makes this more effective with this condition.  After doing reserch I could not find anything that would say that an IUI would help this problem which leaves me wondering will I be wasting a lot of money doing an IUI when implantation is the problem?  All OOP so this is I believe a legitimate question but unfortunatly I didn't ask him at the time and didn't know anything about this condition.  I also wonder if this is why I miscarried. My doc said this condition accounts for a lot of cases of secondary infertility but said it isn't well known and getting the attention it deserves for reserch and such. Just wanted to let others know about it not to frighten anyone just to inform. I had symptoms 8 years ago and never could get an answer from my GYN.   IF I had known I would not have waited so long to start ttc because it gets worse with time.  It aslo causes spotting occasionally during cycle and a buildup of mucous on the uterus.

Re: C-Sections/Adenomyosis and Secondary Infertility ( long )

• Options
    ok, so i guess no interst! With the lack of education just figured might be somebody out there having same problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"