Blended Families

When your SKs are gone...

Do your bio kids act wonky?

Every single time DS goes to see exH, DD is a totally different kid. She sleeps poorly, she's cranky, she's intolerant, and absolutely nothing pleases her.

One would think she'd enjoy everyone's undivided attention, but nooooo. We always think she's getting sick or cutting a tooth, but then she's fine when he gets back and we realize it was another round of Brother Withdrawal.  

my read shelf:
Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: When your SKs are gone...

• DD seems to be much happier when SS is here too...she gets SO excited when she sees him!

ETA: How did I not realize until now that Claire and Audrey are only about 2 weeks apart?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD did not bat an eye when SS left, but was extremely happy to see him back. 

But, the baby that she was when he left is not the toddler she is today.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • LO went through this when his brothers went back to school after summer vacation.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • DD doesn't seem to act differently but she does have the CUTEST laugh whenever she sees her brother. Any time she sees her brother. It could be just overnight since she saw him and in the morning she will just giggle whenever he comes downstairs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagehterry85:

DD seems to be much happier when SS is here too...she gets SO excited when she sees him!

ETA: How did I not realize until now that Claire and Audrey are only about 2 weeks apart?!

I'm SUPER jealous of Audrey's long hair. It's so cute! 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My skids are here all the time, but if they spend the night @ their grandparent's house or something our little guy is all wonky...same stuff, fussy, sleep bad etc
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Wyatt is the same way, be it that SD is gone overnight, for a few nights, or even just to school. He is always much happier when SD is around, and he sleeps terribly and is super cranky if SD is gone for more than a day.

DH and I went out of town for Thanksgiving with DS and SD chose to go to her nana's for the holiday. Ordinarily, we would not be away from her on any holiday, but since it was my family, I told DH to let her choose if she wanted to go with us or not. Both of them seemed to have withdrawal (we got stuck out of town an extra night due to weather). SD kept calling to talk to baby brother, not Daddy or Amber. lol! And he just lit up when he heard her voice. And when we picked up SD the two of them "chattered" in the backseat all  the way home. When we actually got out of the car at home, neither of them would let each other go. Wyatt kept giving her "loves" and she was just hugging him constantly. Their reunion was better than my whole holiday. lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"