Baby Names

William

Never liked the name until I heard a 6 year old boy calling his older brother, William. It was so cute sounding, I loved it. 

It's a good name for an adult, I'm not sure if I really like it though. :/

And I don't think Alexia and William fit. (Besides being names of royalty, there's no connection)

I don't like any of the nicknames for it though, so I was thinking of calling him Liam. Is that too far fetched?

Re: William

• Why not just name him Liam?
  • i prefer liam to william.
  • Loading the player...
  • If we have a boy we are going to name him William. His nn will be Liam. I think its a cute name and will age well with him.
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I love William. I like the nickname Will but Liam is definitely a nickname for William so I'd use it.
  • imageAaron'sWife:
    Why not just name him Liam?
    Duh. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks, for pointing it out. =D
  • William was our boy name. No Billy or Bill though. If you wanted to shorten you could say "will". I adore that name.
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• Will is my chosen boy name. And we will either be called Will or William. No Bills or Billys here.

I love Liam as a nn, but my last name starts with and M so it doesn't sound right. (I know William ends in M as well, but it't just a different sound)

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • imagehaleymay18:
    William was our boy name. No Billy or Bill though. If you wanted to shorten you could say "will". I adore that name.

Ditto! We're planning on naming our son William but the only nickname we like is Will. Unfortunately our family is already referring to him as Billy boy. I'm worried that might ruin it for me by April. I dislike Liam and my cousin used it already anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"