Baby Names

S/O "I was supossed to be named..."

2»

Re: S/O "I was supossed to be named..."

• imagesimplestella11:
    I had to say, every time I see you post on here I sit and stare at the picture of your hair from the side- its so gorgeous! Sorry, I'm a hairdresser and I had to say something! Mine is black, so I could never come close to getting my hair to look as gorgeous!

If you're talking about Kimmy1836, I agree.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesimplestella11:
    I had to say, every time I see you post on here I sit and stare at the picture of your hair from the side- its so gorgeous! Sorry, I'm a hairdresser and I had to say something! Mine is black, so I could never come close to getting my hair to look as gorgeous!

• Loading the player...
  • I was supposed to be Celeste.  Thankfully my dad insisted on Katie instead.  If I was a boy I would have been Michael or Christopher.
  • imagejoanithegreat:

My parents have never mentioned if they had any other girl names planned for me, but they did say that if I had been a boy I would have been named Jason.  

ME TOO! There were no other girl names, but I would've been Jason if I was a boy.

Can I just say that the GIF in your siggy is possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen?

I just saw the other thread that BraveAngel linked, and read VeganXAngel  would've been Jason too! Yes

• I was suppose to be Brandy, but last minute they decided it would be too confusing because my dad's name is Randy.. so they went with Amanda, and ended up only using my nn, MANDY

Imagine that huh? lol

For my DS we instantly knew Carson James (a family name) would be it.. with DD, pre-pregnancy and up until the 3rd trimester she was Natalie Rae (DH's mn is Raymond).. but then it kinda got worn out and didn't feel right, So we changed it to Bella Marie (MILs fn) and she couldn't be anything but that :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagealisonemma:

imagesimplestella11:

Thanks, girls :)

SimpleStella - I went to Aveda, but never ended up actually working in a salon. 

• I was supposed to be Jennifer and then my mom thought it became too common. Then I was Melissa until my cousin was born 3 months before me and my aunt named her Melissa instead of Marissa. So now I am Crystal. They liked the sound with my middle name. Gotta love the 80's names.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • I was going to be Christina until about 2 days before I was born. My mom had told someone what my name was going to be and they said "Oh, you can cal her Tina!" - which my mom hated. So I became Christine instead. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I supposed to be Jennifer, but, once he saw me, my dad decided that I was a Katherine (Katie/Kate).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• i was sposed to be named Brette Blue and ended up Brittany Anne. my sister was thought to be a boy n was named Chancey but after awhile with no name ended up with heather alison.
  • Well my dad wanted me to be Stacey and my mom was like no way in heck.  And if I was a boy I was going to be Ryan Michael.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • They were considering Amy and Victoria, but I ended up as Sarah.

They changed their minds about Amy because they didn't want my initials to be A&W due to the fast food chain (I think this is a weird reason but whatever LOL!) They didn't want me to end up as "Vicky", so they ditched Victoria.

Right now I'm expecting my first, and I'm trying to decide between Audrey and Elinor. I'm not sure what the deciding factor is going to be!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagemeimsx:

imagegonzol:
    Jessibell Ick! . I cringed when my mother told me this.. Jessica and Isabell put together... I ended up Laiken, pronounced lay-ken. All thanks to my father watching soap operas when he was younger.

My 20 yo niece is Laken. Same reason. Soaps. Sigh. But she likes her name so I guess its fine. I had never heard it before I married DH. Its his sister's oldest. 

I teach middle school, and I have taught a Laken and a Lakin. Laken said her name came from the soap Santa Barbara as well lol!

I'd never heard the name before, but it grew on me.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• my name was rachel ariadne going into L&D... i was born and dad out of nowhere came out with allison carrie.  i am not a rachel at all, but always loved that middle name.  it's on our list of possibles now! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"