New Jersey Babies

OB/GYN in Freehold area

Hi ladies,

I recently moved to the Freehold area and am looking for an OB/GYN.  I'm also about 6 weeks pregnant and so I'm feeling like I need to find someone SOON!

Please let me know of anyone that you really liked (and also those I should stay away from)

Thanks so much....Gina

Re: OB/GYN in Freehold area

• I am also new to the area and looking for an OBGYN in the freehold area...I went to Healthy Women's Group in Freehold for one routine check-up but now I also exploring other options.  It was a very nice office but I would like to see what other opinions people may have...
  • I went to Healthy Women when I was PG with my DS. I will probably not go there for my next LO. They are all nice and have a beautiful office however I found that I got way too many conflicting opinions. They make you see different doctors all the time so you can get to know them. Unfortunately they all seem to have different opinions. I frequently left feeling confused and anxious. I also did not have a great experience at CentraState hospital which is who they are affiliated with. I ended up being put to sleep for an emergency c-section which I feel should not have happened in my case. I would research hospitals in the area and decide where you want to deliver (Jersey Shore and Monmouth Medical are both great) and then call the hospital you decide on and ask for a list of doctors who are affiliated with them.
  • Loading the player...
  • HazelLove ~ I know some doulas in the area that refuse to take on clients that use that group because their c-section rate is so high.  I have a couple friends that used them.  They ALL had c-sections.  Some were first time moms who didn't even labor.  They were talked into scheduling c-sections.  They are a popular group but it's something to keep in mind. 

I have several friends that used Dr GIovine at Monmouth Medical or the Avon midwives at Jersey Shore and had really nice births (many of them were VBACs). :)

R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't know if you already found someone, but I go to Dr. Dana Jacoby in Tinton Falls on Shrewsbury Ave.  He's great, him and his staff are very friendly, and you can always reach someone if you have any questions about your pregnancy.  Im due in March and have been seeing him since I was 6 weeks, all of his patients see a high risk dr. as well (Im high risk anyway), and everyone I know who has done to him loves him.  He has a website so you can check him out too drdanajacoby.com 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been using Healthy Woman and don't have any complaints so far. There are some doctors that I prefer more than others (Dr. Joe Cipriano, Dr. Zehnder, Dr. Sanjay), but the experience has been so much better than the first practice I visited, Women's Physicians and Surgeons. When I went to WPS, also in Freehold, Dr. Portadin made me feel like I was entering a baby factory. He ran through the list of questions so quickly and didn't seem to want to hear anything I had to say or ask (he frequently interrupted me and cut me off). 

I'm 30 weeks today so we'll see how the rest of the process goes. I'm nervous after PP's comments about the high rate of c-sections from that office. Ugh, we'll see.  

• I third healthy women.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • I go to Womens Physicians and Surgeons. I had the same bad experience with Dr Portadin....BUT the other doctors there...Neuwirth, Dimino, etc. have been fantastic. I highly recommend them. ;)  My sister in law loved them too and she's who referred me.

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"