May 2011 Moms

Chestnuts, OK to eat?

Since it seems that almost every other thing I like is on the do not eat list, are roasted chestnuts OK?
Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Chestnuts, OK to eat?

• Chestnuts are a great choice during pregnancy. Chestnuts contain high levels of folate that is necessary in pregnancy to ensure a healthy brain and nervous system of the developing fetus. Folate also has the ability to prevent certain types of congenital anaemia for proper oxygen transport to the tissues. 

From: https://www.chatelaine.com/en/article/21636--how-to-roast-chestnuts-and-a-healthy-chestnut-recipe

PS - Google is your friend Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ... only if they're roasted on an open fire.... (sorry couldn't resist the lame joke)

but really, I don't know- I asked Dr. Google too and I didn't find anything other than crazies saying you can't eat nuts while you're pregnant b/c the baby will be allergic.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • I googled but it's hard to make a good decision, like pp said there are people saying no because of allergies. On the internet you will always find some people saying it's OK to do something and than a whole another group that will tell you not to do it :( I was hoping that maybe someone asked their doctor, I forgot to yesterday. Thank you!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekathygrzywnowicz:
    I googled but it's hard to make a good decision, like pp said there are people saying no because of allergies. On the internet you will always find some people saying it's OK to do something and than a whole another group that will tell you not to do it :( I was hoping that maybe someone asked their doctor, I forgot to yesterday. Thank you!

Gotcha Smile 

FYI - I wasn't trying to be snarky.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebhilyer:

imagekathygrzywnowicz:
    I googled but it's hard to make a good decision, like pp said there are people saying no because of allergies. On the internet you will always find some people saying it's OK to do something and than a whole another group that will tell you not to do it :( I was hoping that maybe someone asked their doctor, I forgot to yesterday. Thank you!

Gotcha Smile 

FYI - I wasn't trying to be snarky.

I know you didn't come off snarky. I just worry so much about what I put in my body and I know I really shouldn't. I'm sure a little bit of anything in moderation is fine but you just never know...

• imagealliejoe:
    I didn't find anything other than crazies saying you can't eat nuts while you're pregnant b/c the baby will be allergic.

On the other hand, you have the crazies who say the baby will be allergic if you DON'T eat nuts(or peanuts, or whatever they decide to be crazy about at the time).  I wouldn't eat them, but that's because of my existing allergies, not the baby's hypothetical ones.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"