Hosting any holiday parties this year?

Going to any holiday parties?

Fun New Years Eve plans?

Re: Holiday Poll

• Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated? No.

Do you have your tree up? No.

Is it real or fake? It could be either at this point.

White or colored lights? I like white, but we have blue and white Icicles for the front of the house.

What is your favorite Christmas song? I'll be home for Christmas!

Favorite Christmas cookie? Snickerdoodle

How are you doing w/ your shopping? What shopping? :) I haven't started.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? I did last year, but this year my mom is taking over. Phew.

Going to any holiday parties? Yes. :)

Fun New Years Eve plans? Not sure yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated?
    Pretty much, we need to work on the outside

Do you have your tree up?
    Yep!

Is it real or fake?
    Fake

White or colored lights?
    Red lights strung throughout all the branches, a few strings of white around the tree...DH made the red ones blink this year and I'm not really a fan.

What is your favorite Christmas song?
    Winter Wonderland, Baby, It's Cold Outside

Favorite Christmas cookie?
    Frosted sugar cookies

How are you doing w/ your shopping?
    LOL, yeah not so much...

Hosting any holiday parties this year?
    Sadly no...our house isn't quite in entertaining form yet

Going to any holiday parties?
    Yep, this Saturday is the annual party with our friends.  We hosted 2 years and this is the 2nd year of our friends hosting.  Always a blast!

Fun New Years Eve plans?
    Not sure yet.  Definitely the hockey game, not sure about after that.  We're usually in SC for NYE but our friends that we visited there moved to Texas.  This is our first year home for NYE in about 5 years.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you have your house decorated? I'm about 75% done w/ the inside... plan to finish up during Evan's nap. DH is going to hang the outside lights tomorrow.

Do you have your tree up? Not yet... this weekend we plan on getting it

Is it real or fake? Real, for the first time since I've had my own place. We have a fake one, but it's in bad shape. I'm sooo excited to get a real one this year!

White or colored lights? White

What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night... I've been singing it to Evan at bedtime every night.

Favorite Christmas cookie? My mom's cream cheese jelly rolls... they are a pain in the arse to make, but she does every year, cuz she knows they are my fave!

How are you doing w/ your shopping? So far I've only ordered calendars for my parents, IL's and grandma. I am going next week to get the bulk of it done one night after DH gets home so he can stay w/ E.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? nope... we might end up doing a small dinner or appetizer party on Christmas Eve if no one else decides to host... but I'm hoping we don't have too!

Going to any holiday parties? My girlfriends and I get together every year for a little "girls night in" party. This year we are doing a gift exchange too.

Fun New Years Eve plans? Not yet... we might go to my brother & SIL's party, or we might just stay home and make a nice dinner. My parents offered to take Evan overnight for us.

• Options

Do you have your house decorated? Not yet, this weekend we are doing it.

Do you have your tree up? Also next weekend!

Is it real or fake? It is fake (and small), but I love real trees and once we live in a bigger place we will be getting real trees.

White or colored lights? colored

What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night, and It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.

Favorite Christmas cookie? sugar cookies and gingerbread

How are you doing w/ your shopping? mostly in store, some online

Hosting any holiday parties this year? not this year

Going to any holiday parties? a couple, one with friends, one with family and one with work

Fun New Years Eve plans? not really.  I will probably be sleeping, haha.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated? About 1/2 way done. This year things are going a little slower with a 2 year old "helper". I finished the outside lights yesterday.

Do you have your tree up? Nope not yet

Is it real or fake? We go out and cut our own every year. I would never,ever own a fake tree.

White or colored lights? Colored

What is your favorite Christmas song? Either I'll be home for Christmas or White Christmas

Favorite Christmas cookie? All! I love xmas cookies.

How are you doing w/ your shopping? Barely started. I made my little budget/wishlist excel spreadsheet last night so I'll get going. I like to put shopping off til December, I do every year.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? My siblings and their SOs come over for Xmas Eve, eve.

Going to any holiday parties? Yep, lots! DH's work, my work and several breakfasts with Santa.

Fun New Years Eve plans? We usually go out to dinner and then hang out at my IL's- they host a party. I can't even remember the last time I stayed up past midnight, this should be interesting.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated? Yep, although we need to add more things to the outside, but not sure what to do. The house looks kind of plain.

Do you have your tree up? Yes, we went out and cut it this weekend and I decorated it yesterday.

Is it real or fake? Real.

White or colored lights? White.

What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh, there's lots!  Happy Xmas (John Lennon), Baby, It's Cold Outside (the Elf version), Jingle Bells (Frank Sinatra), Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses)

Favorite Christmas cookie? Frosted butter cookies-yum!

How are you doing w/ your shopping? Not bad, but there are a few people on my list that I have no ideas for.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? Maybe one for DH's department from work?  Most likely having a Christmas here with DH's dad and step-mom.

Going to any holiday parties? We usually go out with DH's coworkers on the 23rd so maybe that.  I think my mom is having a cookie making party in few weekends, and does the Syracuse GTG count? :)

Fun New Years Eve plans? Way to far away to think about!  Probably nothing or maybe having some friends/family over for games.  We're pretty lame and don't do much anyway, ha.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated? Yes and no. The inside is done. The outside we have not done at all. Hopefully this weekend depending on weather.

Do you have your tree up? Nope. We are going to get it next week.

Is it real or fake? Only real in our house.

White or colored lights? Both on the tree. And I use a strand of twinkle white lights. I actually bought them on accident one year but they actually look really good. They are not traditional blinking lights on a couple here and there "twinkle". And for the outside colored.

What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night.

Favorite Christmas cookie? Peanut butter with the chocolate chip or peanut butter balls.

How are you doing w/ your shopping? I started a little bit, but we are going to do the bulk of it next week when we are both on vacation. It'll be a lot of stores.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? Nope.

Going to any holiday parties? We have a Christmas party on Saturday. Sadly it's at bed time and we don't have a babysitter. But it's a family thing that this year I really don't want to miss.

Fun New Years Eve plans? Last year we started a new tradition. We stay home and make homemade pizzas. Mainly because the only other thing we did was a black tie gala and we don't have a babysitter.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Do you have your house decorated? not really like we normally do

Do you have your tree up? yep, since mid november!

Is it real or fake? fake

What is your favorite Christmas song? too many to choose from. i'd listen to christmas music all year if it didn't make me look crazy

Favorite Christmas cookie? Cuccidati

How are you doing w/ your shopping? the boy is done, we've bought a few things for my mom, dad and brother. i haven't bought anything for DH yet.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? nope

Going to any holiday parties? work

Fun New Years Eve plans? never Sad

• Options

Do you have your house decorated?  Not yet.  Friday. 

Do you have your tree up?  Also on Friday or Saturday.  I usually only last until the 1st but we have too much going on.

Is it real or fake? I grew up with a real tree but when I moved out it was easier to set up a fake that I was gifted.  This year or next we are moving to real trees. 

White or colored lights?  White. And blue lights hurt my eyes - it's almost like they start cramping up.   I have no idea why I have this reaction and my husband thinks I'm making it up. 

What is your favorite Christmas song?  Baby, It's Cold Outside.  Does that count?  Any traditional song really, not remade in the last 15 years.

Favorite Christmas cookie?  Mexican Wedding Cakes.

How are you doing w/ your shopping? I'm about 1/4 finished.  Mostly online so far.

Hosting any holiday parties this year?  Nope. 

Going to any holiday parties?  A handful. 

Fun New Years Eve plans?  Every year we get together with a bunch of friends at someone's house.  I think it's our 5th or 6th year.

• Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated? not yet

Do you have your tree up? not yet

Is it real or fake? we always get a real tree

White or colored lights? white

What is your favorite Christmas song? O holy night

Favorite Christmas cookie? peanut butter kiss - or a good cut-out

How are you doing w/ your shopping? pretty good!

Going to any holiday parties? just my IL's

Fun New Years Eve plans? nope - hope to be in the new house...but we'll see.

• Options
    Do you have your house decorated?  YesDo you have your tree up?  YepIs it real or fake? Fake - I converted DH when we got married, maybe we will do a real one when the kids are old enough to go cut one downWhite or colored lights?  White - I'm a puristWhat is your favorite Christmas song?  Anything upbeat - none of this kids getting beat up, mom's dying, Christmas shoes stuffFavorite Christmas cookie? Peanut Butter BuckeyesHow are you doing w/ your shopping? I have 2 more secret santa gifts to get, and I have to wrap everythingHosting any holiday parties this year?  Nope. Going to any holiday parties?  Too many, we have 2 for DH's work alone this weekendFun New Years Eve plans?  DH's college roommate is getting married in Syracuse, so we will have a night away.
  • Options

Do you have your house decorated? semi

Do you have your tree up? one of them

Is it real or fake? we have both this year...one fake in the family room and we will get one real for the living room

White or colored lights? white for the family room and colored for the living room

What is your favorite Christmas song? Ave Maria

Favorite Christmas cookie? All of them!

How are you doing w/ your shopping? almost done!

Hosting any holiday parties this year? nope and glad for it!

Going to any holiday parties? Yes this Saturday!

Fun New Years Eve plans? Not yet but DH isn't into New Years so it's hard to get him to go to parties and stuff.

Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated? Yes

Do you have your tree up? Yes

Is it real or fake? Fake

White or colored lights? White on the tree, mostly white outside with green around our tree trunk and red in the tree

What is your favorite Christmas song? Always loved Silent Night

Favorite Christmas cookie? Not really a cookie - but I make Buckeyes every year at Christmas time - my fave!

How are you doing w/ your shopping? Pretty good!  Already done with all our family since we celebrated last week.  Still have to get a few small things for DH and a few more things for G.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? No

Going to any holiday parties? Probably not

Fun New Years Eve plans? Knocked up, so probably hot chocolate and in bed by 10! :)

• Options

Do you have your house decorated? I have my inside "stuff" up.. but no lights or anything.. we tried to do the outside this weekend but none of our lights worked.. so I got new ones and DH has to do it sometime this week..

Do you have your tree up? No

Is it real or fake? It will be real.

White or colored lights? White outside, colored inside.

What is your favorite Christmas song? O holy night. its so pretty.

Favorite Christmas cookie? Sour cream cutouts

How are you doing w/ your shopping? I have Eve totally done.. I haven't gotten ANYTHING else.. I sort of know what I'm getting my parents.. thats as far as I've gotten.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? No way.

Going to any holiday parties? Not sure. Dh has a work party.. his old job I don't think spouses were invited... but maybe this one i am.. my work party won't be til Jan and I don't want to go.

Fun New Years Eve plans? probably working. thrilling.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

Do you have your house decorated? - No

Do you have your tree up? - No.  No idea how we'll keep Alex away from it.

Is it real or fake? - fake

White or colored lights? - white

What is your favorite Christmas song? - Twisted Christmas - Buttcracker Suite

Favorite Christmas cookie? - frosted....but I'll eat just about anything.  :)

How are you doing w/ your shopping? - boys are almost done but lots of other people to do still

Hosting any holiday parties this year? - probably not

Going to any holiday parties? - just visiting my family for Christmas itself

Fun New Years Eve plans? - nope

Wow...I didn't realize how boring we are!  

Bianca image.
  • Options

Do you have your house decorated? In the process...

Do you have your tree up? No

Is it real or fake? We have a fake one but I'd like to get a real one this year.

What is your favorite Christmas song? Trans Siberian Orchestra's Mad Russian Christmas and Carol of the Bells

Favorite Christmas cookie? Pretty much anything that comes from DH's grandmother

How are you doing w/ your shopping? Everyone is done except for DH

Hosting any holiday parties this year? No.

Going to any holiday parties? Have been to one so far, but that might be it.

Fun New Years Eve plans? Going down to DC to spend it with my BFF. It's also her birthday.

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageBitsyKelly:

What is your favorite Christmas song?  Anything upbeat - none of this kids getting beat up, mom's dying, Christmas shoes stuff

Ha!  I love you Kelly.

Do you have your house decorated?  Just bought all the decorations today, we never had a house to decorate so I had to buy everything!

Do you have your tree up?  No, we'll probably get one this weekend.

Is it real or fake?  Real!

White or colored lights?  Definitely white

What is your favorite Christmas song?  White Christmas by The Drifters (it's the one from Home Alone), The Happy Elf by Harry Connick, Jr.

Favorite Christmas cookie?  These chocolate square cookies from my godmother

How are you doing w/ your shopping? What shopping?  I have a thing or two for Rosie, but nothing for anyone else

Hosting any holiday parties this year?  We're hosting 16 people for Christmas Day, yikes!

Going to any holiday parties?  We're invited to one this week, but don't have a sitter, so probably not.

Fun New Years Eve plans?  We're not big fans of New Years, we usually get some champagne and relax on the couch.

• Options

Do you have your house decorated? For the most part. May put up other things if I get motivated to do so. Need to get a new hook for the door to hang our wreath.

Do you have your tree up? Yes

Is it real or fake? Fake

What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night

Favorite Christmas cookie? Spritz

How are you doing w/ your shopping? About half done. Maybe 1 or 2 more for Ian, need to get DH his, but waiting for next paycheck. Then just little things for nieces and nephews.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? No.

Going to any holiday parties? Not that I know of.

Fun New Years Eve plans? Nothing yet. We're pretty low-key for NYE, so will probably just have something nice for dinner and curl up on the couch to watch the ball drop.

• Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated?  We plan to this weekend

Do you have your tree up? We're getting our tree on Friday

Is it real or fake?  Real this year

White or colored lights?  White

What is your favorite Christmas song?  Silent Night

Favorite Christmas cookie?  I can't pick just one....I love the PB cookie with the hershey kiss in the middle and cut-outs.

How are you doing w/ your shopping? Not too bad!  We're just struggling with my in-laws.  They're so hard to buy for.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? Nope

Going to any holiday parties?  Possibly a work party

Fun New Years Eve plans?  We will probably stay home with the boys.

Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Do you have your house decorated? Just started last night. I hope to finish by the end of the week.

Do you have your tree up? Nope, and not sure when we are getting it.

Is it real or fake? Real, We will go out and get it with my family. It is one of our traditions.

White or colored lights? Only white for us.

What is your favorite Christmas song? Ave Maria (Stevie Wonder version)

Favorite Christmas cookie? Peanut Butter Crinkles

How are you doing w/ your shopping? We are done for each other (new laptop/tv), I still have to get for LO and grandparents.

Hosting any holiday parties this year? Christmas Eve dinner for my whole family and breakfast for us and my parents.

Going to any holiday parties? No plans yet.

Fun New Years Eve plans? No plans yet, I bet staying home and a movie perhaps an entire bottle of wine!

• Options
    Do you have your house decorated? Nope.  I took down all the Thanksgiving/fall stuff over the weekend and now I need to do a good cleaning before getting out the Christmas stuffDo you have your tree up? Not yet, may be SundayIs it real or fake? fake- it's scrawny but we love it!White or colored lights? WhiteWhat is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night- I used to sing it to Eva every night back when she would let me rock her to sleepFavorite Christmas cookie? thumbprintsHow are you doing w/ your shopping? I've gotten a few things for Eva and bought the materials to make some of the other presentsHosting any holiday parties this year? no but I may do a cookie decorating party for a play date with a few of Eva's friendsGoing to any holiday parties? we have an open house to go to on Thursday and we are planning on doing a Christmas date night with another coupleFun New Years Eve plans? no- we tend to stay in and just veg
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated? Yes

Do you have your tree up? Yes-lights are on but no ornaments yet. I bought a messed up strand of lights so I have to go get another strand before the ornaments go on

Is it real or fake? real

White or colored lights? white on the tree, colored in our front windows

What is your favorite Christmas song? "O Holy Night" or "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

Favorite Christmas cookie? Cutouts

How are you doing w/ your shopping? almost done-1 or 2 small things to get

Hosting any holiday parties this year? Yes, this weekend!

Going to any holiday parties? DH's work xmas party is Sat night

Fun New Years Eve plans? Nothing yet

• Options
    Do you have your house decorated? Yep, put up the decs sun/mon night

Do you have your tree up? Yep, decorated it last night

Is it real or fake? Real, I always had fake growing up & DH converted me, I much prefer it!

White or colored lights? Both, white lights plus colored bubble lights

What is your favorite Christmas song? Can't pick just one

Favorite Christmas cookie? Fudge, peppermint bark, chocolate crinkle cookies...I love Cjristmas sweets

How are you doing w/ your shopping? Halfway done...I think

Hosting any holiday parties this year? a couple for work

Going to any holiday parties? nope

Fun New Years Eve plans? flying out of Roc at the crack of dawn on NYE to spend 10 days in the Bahamas :). I can't wait!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Do you have your house decorated? The inside, but only a wreath on the outside

Do you have your tree up? Yup

Is it real or fake? Fake - we just bought it last yr and love it!  It is pre-lit which is sooo nice.  We had been using my parent's old one that they bought in 1981 for my first christmas.  But it was dropping needles, so we got a new one for dd's first christmas last yr.

What is your favorite Christmas song? I love them all!  Lately, my favorite has been We Wish You a Merry Christmas bc I say the wish super loud/long and dd thinks it is hilarious and sometimes joins in on the shhhh.

Favorite Christmas cookie? Peanut butter with a chocolate kiss

How are you doing w/ your shopping? Still have lots to do....no time so I will probably try to get most stuff online

Hosting any holiday parties this year? Not sure who will do DH's side Christmas.  We might have my parents and sister over after church on Christmas eve though.

Going to any holiday parties?  Besides the family ones, I have one with some of my work friends planned.  Not sure if there will be any others.

Fun New Years Eve plans? Nothing yet!

• Options

Do you have your house decorated? mostly done

Do you have your tree up? yep

Is it real or fake? fake

What is your favorite Christmas song? Jingle Bell Rock

Favorite Christmas cookie? ummm.... the ones with a hersey kiss in the middle or the ones with a peanut butter cup

How are you doing w/ your shopping? meh.... no where close to being done

Going to any holiday parties? Just DH's work one and a family one on christmas eve

Fun New Years Eve plans? nope

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

Do you have your house decorated? I've started, but it's no where near finished.

Do you have your tree up? Yes-but is not decorated yet.

Is it real or fake? Real this year.

White or colored lights? Colored.

What is your favorite Christmas song? I'll be home for Christmas or Silent Night.

Favorite Christmas cookie? Sugar Cookies w/frosting

How are you doing w/ your shopping? Done! and wrapped under the tree that is not decorated. Lol

Hosting any holiday parties this year? No-thank God!

Going to any holiday parties? Yes-a couple.

Fun New Years Eve plans? Going to NYC a couple days before for our 3yr anniversary. We could not get a room for New Years Eve...so not sure what we will end up doing.

BTW-Love the pic of your LO! His cheeks are adorable!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"