Minnesota Babies

Joining you in about a month!

Hi ladies!

My S/O and I visited Minneapolis last weekend and picked out our place in Loring Park. I'm really excited to be downtown and close to everything--it's exactly what we were hoping for! Are any of you ladies in the downtown area? We're not going to know a soul when we get there so, I'll need all the mommy-friends I can get haha :)   Just wondering what do you bundle your LO in when you are outside?  We likely won't keep our vehicle once we get up there so, I'll need to keep little man nice and warm while we're walking to and from the skywalks. 

Also, while we were in town we went out to a few bars/restaurants and I highly recommend Dancing Ganesha off 11th and Harmon downtown. We had a chili chicken and garlic nan app and it was delicious!  The bartender even paid for a round of drinks for us to welcome us to the neighborhood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: Joining you in about a month!

• Welcome to MN - I don' t live downtown but always love hanging with other moms so feel free to join the GTGs that are posted here we are doing the MNzoo once a month (first Monday) & we also have  a lot of other fun events that get posted. 
  • Welcome, and good luck on your move! Are you relocating for work or something? Do either of you have family here? Just wondering if you are completely new to Minnesota, or are familiar with the area at all.

When we take our almost-2-year-old out, she just wears a nice warm coat. In the car seat, we either take it off, or she wears a lighter fleece coat, then we put her real coat on when we get out of the car...or wrap her in a blanket if we're just going in the house or something. If we're going outside to play, she wears a snowsuit. She has snow boots, and just regular every day boots. Hats, mittens....and so far has actually been good about keeping them on!

The baby just goes in her carseat, in her regular everyday clothes, and we wrap a warm blanket around her once she's straped in. Then, we have a carseat cover that we zip up when we get in and out of the car. We also have a little snowsuit for her on days it's actually warm enough to take her out.

I've found that kids are pretty resilient when it comes to the cold...they seem to handle it much better than us, that's for sure :)

Ashley & Christian
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the Cities! DH and I are transplants and love it here. We're not in Minneapolis, but one of the suburbs. Like Payne said, we do little GTG's often.

As for the cold weather, I use a BundleMe on the carseat, that way DD isn't up to eyeballs in jackets and stuff. It seems very cozy to me!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome to Minneapolis! I'm in the Nokomis area of Minneapolis (South). We have a coat for LO, but usually just use a sweatshirt if we're just going to the car to inside somewhere. She also has a hat, mittens, and booties that we use when it's cold. It's actually overheating that you usually have to worry about: don't forget to take hats and coats off inside.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFuzzy8252:

Welcome to the Cities! DH and I are transplants and love it here. We're not in Minneapolis, but one of the suburbs. Like Payne said, we do little GTG's often.

As for the cold weather, I use a BundleMe on the carseat, that way DD isn't up to eyeballs in jackets and stuff. It seems very cozy to me!

just an fyi....this compromises the integrity of your carseat and shouldn't be used

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • imageFuzzy8252:

Welcome to the Cities! DH and I are transplants and love it here. We're not in Minneapolis, but one of the suburbs. Like Payne said, we do little GTG's often.

The bundle me is a dangerous addition to a car seat. it's too bulky, affect the efficiency of the straps in an accident, and voids the warranty on the seat (meaning if your seat should fail in any manner with the bundle me in it, your insurance and the car seat manufacturer will not be responsible for any damages or medical bills because you voided the warranty with improper use).

However, OP, since you said you will not be having a vehicle, the bundle me is AMAZING for stroller use!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"