Baby Showers
Options

Guests / How many?

How many guests should be invited to a single shower?  At what point do you opt for double showers?

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
FET #4 February 12, 2014
POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Guests / How many?

• Options
    imagelaurensmith510:

Number invited depends on how many the host/hostesses say that they feel they can accomodate. Ask them first and go from there on deciding multiple showers. Good luck!

Ditto. and having multiple showers depends on having multiple people offer to throw you a shower.

I will say this- I like smaller showers.  30 people tops.  bigger than that?  It starts to lose it's personal feel.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I have a large family and my mom is hosting. Basically I gave her a small list of close friends and told her to invite whatever family she wants.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sisters are throwing my shower, but it's at my house. I have 54 on the guest list including me and my hostesses, 14 of which are babies or young children. We have a very large family! About 20 are very unlikely to come. Since no one else offered to throw me one, I have no problem with a single large shower.
  • Options

imageJenniferk08:
    I have a large family and my mom is hosting. Basically I gave her a small list of close friends and told her to invite whatever family she wants.

This. I have no idea how many people are coming but every time I talk to her or my sister I learn about more people. On the other hand, FI's mom is throwing me a shower with 20-25 guests. All her friends except for my mom, sister and grandmother.

• Options
    It is entirely up to the hostess(es).  I've actually been offered 4 showers (two in other states) with numbers ranging from 10 to 44.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image,
  • Options
    I like around 20 or so people at a shower, seems like those are personal but with a good crowd. Now, that being said, there are 60 people on my shower list (but a lot of them are from out of town/ still wanted to be invited, so I am guessing the total attendance will be around 25 - 30 people)
  • Options

I had two showers and a meet the baby party. At my 1st there was about 150 people, my father is the founding partner at a very large law firm and all his employees where basically required to attend. My 2nd had about 75 I have a large family and lots of friends. We had about 50 at the meet the baby party.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    imageEastCoastBride:
    imagelaurensmith510:

Number invited depends on how many the host/hostesses say that they feel they can accomodate. Ask them first and go from there on deciding multiple showers. Good luck!

Ditto. and having multiple showers depends on having multiple people offer to throw you a shower.

I will say this- I like smaller showers.  30 people tops.  bigger than that?  It starts to lose it's personal feel.

This exactly!!! 

For my wedding, my mother, MIL, and sister all got together, rented a hall and had a big surprise shower for me.  There were about 60 people there - I a)found it extremely overwhelming to walk into that unexpected (being that I dont like surprises!) b)don't like crowds and c)don't like opening gifts in front of people (I felt obligated to do this but felt the guests were bored, it took nearly 2 hours to open them all!!)

I definitely appreciated the thought and the time it took to plan this shower but I have suggested to them that this time around, I'd prefer a smaller shower (s) at someone's home, so that way no one is out money for renting a hall and it feels more personal to me.  Also, I do not want a surprise.. I want to make sure I look good - most days I wear my yoga pants and a t or tank, and would prefer to have nice pictures!!!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"