Washington Babies
Options

Baby Fever Help

Ok, so I've been having some real intense baby fever. Now, DH had a vasectomy, and aunt flow has been coming regularly.  I've been looking at ways DH can reverse it or other options for us, looking at baby names, and baby stuff. Is this normal? Did this happen to any of you once your LO turned 1? It just started this past month.

The other thing is, I don't know if it's the baby fever, and that I am just craving being PG again, but I have been "feeling" PG. Does that make sense? AF only lasted 3 days when it has been lasting 5-7 days since having Ryder, before R it was a steady solid 5 days.  My stomach seems larger and I can't suck it in as well. Cramping in the hips area, sick at night time, wanting to eat things that are light like salads, soups, etc and not a lot of meat, very very very very tired and fatigued, and my chest pains are acting up (this is something I get from time to time not heart burn related. When I was PG it started right at the beginning, then stopped because of the hormones). I can't concentrate on anything. I have a very short fuse and am easily irritated with anyone, and a little TMI, but have head the downstairs discharge like I did before I found out I was PG. These are all the same symptoms I had when PG with Ryder, and I took a test just to make sure yesterday and it was negative. 

I am pretty sure I am not, but at the same time, like the 1st time I was PG, that thought is popping up every once in a while. And when DH went in for his sperm test after he had his vasectomy, he only when in once when you are suppose to go in every month or so for the first year to make sure they are all gone. Please tell me I am reading too much into this and it's just my baby fever... 

Re: Baby Fever Help

• Options

Ah...baby fever is so bad after they turn one for some. Mine was and still is ridiculous. But we aren't done.

Vasectomies fail, but there is also a psychological phenomena known as hysterical pregnancy. When you want a baby so bad, sometimes your brain starts to mimic PG symptoms. Some women have such bad hysterical PG symptoms that they produce milk and their uterus expands.

I would say take another test in a few days, if it is still negative, then you may just be having a physical reaction due to a strong desire to be PG. 

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

um.. why dont you just take a pregnancy test??  If its neg, then it almost sounds like you're experiencing a hysterical pregnancy...  (and I dont mean that as a flame at all)  Good luck with the fever!    I would say wait about 6 months when your kid turns into a terror and then see how you feel about it =)

ETA: nevermind, I just read the part about you taking a test already =)

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image~Lynchie~:

(and I dont mean that as a flame at all)  

I didn't think you did :) And I knew you guys would have some help or insite because I've never heard of a hysterical pregnancy but that could really make sense. Thanks again!

• Options
    Where is my post about why you don't want 2 under 2...lemme look and then you might rethink it ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1) Take another test. If it's still negative, you might just have to wrap your head around the thought of a hysterical pregnancy.

2) Is your DH open to a reversal? Is he open to having another baby? Maybe a way to get the fever under control is to have an open discussion about the potential of another and a reversal and maybe that will hold you over for a bit. At least that's what my H and I have done. Also, Carter is throwing temper tantrums, running everywhere, still not sleeping all night, and is teething like mad. He is my antidote to baby fever right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I third the hysterical pregnancy theory. I am pretty sure I had one between my miscarriage and Collin ... or at least a milder version. A panicky pregnancy, if you will?

And as for the fever, it kicked in pretty bad around 15 months when he was just starting to really do things on his own, walking/running, etc. I still have it, but after saying as much to DH last night, Collin threw up his entire breakfast on me, the chair and the carpet this morning. Consider the fever treated, at least for today.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageckmommy:

2) Is your DH open to a reversal? Is he open to having another baby? Maybe a way to get the fever under control is to have an open discussion about the potential of another and a reversal and maybe that will hold you over for a bit. At least that's what my H and I have done. Also, Carter is throwing temper tantrums, running everywhere, still not sleeping all night, and is teething like mad. He is my antidote to baby fever right now.

DH and I have talked about this, and although we are in a much better financial state then we were after we had Ryder and have thought about it, it would cost a little too much for us to do that. And you would think with 4 I wouldn't have that fever so bad, especially when I just delt with 2 kids throwing up and pooping all over me from this horrible flu bug, at the same time. But I can't deny it's still there.

And Jaxy, R is almost 15 months, so it makes sense. And I'm glad to know I am not alone if it is a hysterical pregnancy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"