2nd Trimester
Options

Well this is going to be interesting!

I'm pregnant with my first and I'm due May 12th. My sister is due with her second and she's due June 3rd. She had her daughter three weeks early. We live in the same town, but the problem is we're not delivering at the same hospital. If I happen to go overdue and she goes early again, that is going to be a mess! What the heck is our family going to do?! I can only hope that our LO comes right on time and my sister's LO decides to stay in longer this time!

Anyone ever had a similar experience? I keep dreaming that we'll go into labor at the same time like in the movie Father of the Bride 2..... except in two different towns! Yikes! 

Lilypie - (MLGF)Lilypie - (yERV)
  Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Well this is going to be interesting!

• Options
    Thats so cool you two are so close in due date and can share the experience together.  Its also cool that your due before her.  I have a cousin (his mom is my moms sis) and he is just a couple months younger than me and I've always given him s h it for it.  Matter a fact his GF is prego now too, but I don't know her due date.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It will be cool, my SIL and I have kids 2 weeks apart, It was fun being pregnant together, and our kids are close.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucketimage imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know what you mean - my sister is due april 24th with her third, and i am due april 23rd with my 1st.  I know what your saying and my sisters has already made smart remarks.  I wish i could have a sister that was happy i was pregnant at the same time, but i guess not.  My husband and i had been trying for 3 yrs and did fertility treatments - and now since i am pregnant the same time she is she will not speak to me...so i know what you mean by whats it going to do with the family.
  • Options
    imageladycee:

I'm pregnant with my first and I'm due May 12th. My sister is due with her second and she's due June 3rd. She had her daughter three weeks early. We live in the same town, but the problem is we're not delivering at the same hospital. If I happen to go overdue and she goes early again, that is going to be a mess! What the heck is our family going to do?! I can only hope that our LO comes right on time and my sister's LO decides to stay in longer this time!

Anyone ever had a similar experience? I keep dreaming that we'll go into labor at the same time like in the movie Father of the Bride 2..... except in two different towns! Yikes! 

lol I don't think anyone got what you were worried about. I don't have this problem but it looks to me like you are concerned about family visiting two different hospitals, right? I think unless you plan on having the same people in the room as her there won't be an issue. They can come visit after visiting the other. How far away is the hospital exactly? I realize it would be a lot of excitement for your family to deal with all at once but it will be ok. Not that your sisters baby is less important but I think your parents and siblings will be excited to see what your genes have produced. She has had her glory already. She will get it again but this time it will be shared and maybe a little less. Plus the likelyhood of it happening on the same day or close is low. Just take it as it comes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageakating:
    imageladycee:

lol I don't think anyone got what you were worried about. I don't have this problem but it looks to me like you are concerned about family visiting two different hospitals, right? I think unless you plan on having the same people in the room as her there won't be an issue. They can come visit after visiting the other. How far away is the hospital exactly? I realize it would be a lot of excitement for your family to deal with all at once but it will be ok. Not that your sisters baby is less important but I think your parents and siblings will be excited to see what your genes have produced. She has had her glory already. She will get it again but this time it will be shared and maybe a little less. Plus the likelyhood of it happening on the same day or close is low. Just take it as it comes.

Yea, that's what I was going for. I'm thrilled to be sharing this experience with my sister. She is my best friend! My fear was that if we did happen, slim chance I know!, to go into labor at the same time, it would put the family in a crunch as to who would go where. I just didn't want the family to feel like they had to pick. I want her to be there with me and she wants me to be there with her. 

The hospitals are 40 minutes apart. I originally wanted to deliver where she is, but my insurance doesn't cover those doctors. Of course, if it does happen, we'll make it work. One parent could go be with her and the other could be with me. Then after everything settles down they can swap. I was there for the birth of my niece and would really like to be there for her second delivery. I would also love to have her there to support my husband and I, since this is our first child. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens! In the mean time, I'll just pray it all works itself out! 

Lilypie - (MLGF)Lilypie - (yERV)
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"