Upstate NY Babies
Options

First call to poison control

Ay yi yi, this kid is giving me headache after headache this week!

Rosie was painting with washable paint, her finger slipped into the green paint and she licked her finger like she dipped it in applesauce or something!  It's listed as nontoxic, but I called just to be sure, and of course, it's totally fine.

Is it sad that I'm really looking forward to dropping her off at preschool tomorrow?  Tongue Tied

Re: First call to poison control

• Options

I'm glad that everything was fine.

Let me tell you a story about my mom's first call to poison control.  There were 5 of us (me, my brother and 3 cousins) playing in the yard before lunch.  My cousin was complaining at the table that he couldn't eat his lunch because he was full from "all those plants we ate in the yard".  All 5 of us ate some random plant seed pods.  My brother showed my mom and she called poison control.  From her description, they said it was poisonous and we needed syrup of ipecac to make us throw up.  Did I mention there were 5 of us?  She had to have my grandma buy some more and bring it over because she didn't have enough on hand for 5 kids.  We all lined up on the front sidewalk with buckets and then the fun began.  I can't even imagine how wonderful that was.

Bianca image.
  • Options
    Bianca42 - You should hug your mother for that one. That sounds like a level of hell. 
    image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad that everything is ok!
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bianca42- OMG.  Just OMG.  Your poor mother and grandmother!  That's a story for the ages right there.
  • Options
    imageolivia_eve:
    Bianca42- OMG.  Just OMG.  Your poor mother and grandmother!  That's a story for the ages right there.
    My cousins moved across the country not long after...but every single time we see them it comes up.  (hee hee...I said "comes up")  The best part is my cousin Raymond was the smallest of us...but was so excited because his bucket had the most!
    Bianca image.
  • Options

Glad she is ok!

Did I ever tell you guys I did a rotation thru the poison control center out of school before graduation?  It is pretty cool- the fingerlake one is housed at Strong.  And in the same room is the Lactation study center (nationwide!).

• Options
    Aww.. glad she is OK.. They make that stuff non-toxic because kids do stuff like that ALL THE TIME!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Glad she is ok! Bianca.....that just takes the cake, too funny! Glad you were all ok too!
  • Options
    How scary but glad she's ok!!
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad she is okay!  I had to call them when Eva ate an entire bottle of teething tablets- I was afraid they were going to report me to CPS!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I called then Ty ate an unknown # of Tums when he was 2.  I am thinking he only ate 2-3 since it was less than a minute that he was out of my sight.  I was concerned about what the possible toxic level could be for a kid under 30#s.  The lady kind of laughed and said he shouldn't have a tummy ache for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"