Babies on the Brain

If you had a scheduled C/S Q for you

Lambies comment about the catheder in J&T's post made me think of this.  Did you get the shot in the back before the catheder went in?   When I had Sam they got me 100% prepped before going in, and because they were behind schedule I had to wait almost 4 hours with the cath. in before I got the shot to numb me.  It was the most uncomfortable thing ever.  Just wondering if that's the norm or not.  One of my girlfriends who had a C/S at a different hospital said they numbed her first.  I plan on bringing it up to my Dr. when I go in for my 1st appt, but I figured I'd see what others experienced.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you had a scheduled C/S Q for you

• Mine was not scheduled, but my failed induction was. I was not in labor at all when we did the c/s (and I walked to the OR) so it was as good as scheduled at that point.

I got the spinal first and then they cath'ed me.

• my 1st birth (emergency c/s) i was numb first
    Chloe- (planned c/s a little earlier than planned) i was not numb before i got it
    McKenzie- i was put under
    Avery- i had a cath for days before my c/s so i was not numb when it was put in

Thing 1 = April 2008, 38weeks 8lbs 7oz 19in
    Thing 2 = May 2009, Stillborn 33weeks 4lbs 9oz 18in
    Thing 3 = October 2010, 27weeks 4days 2lbs 4oz 14.25in

• Loading the player...
  • I'll get the spinal first this time. I got the cath first with Jillian but that was an emergency and I think they just did whatever they could do as fast as they could do it.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • First of all, I read this and thought "Oh, I can't help any" then I realized "waaaait, I have experience!"  :headdesk:

Secondly, I had the local and the spinal before the cath went in.  BUT, I wasn't completely numb yet, so I could kind of feel it going in (it didn't *hurt* per se, but wasn't comfortable).  I couldn't figure out what they were doing and it didn't register until after the C/S when I remembered it'd been forever since I peed.  Then I looked at the nurse and said "OH! That's what they were doing!!!"  She looked at me and just laughed.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • you have the right to have it placed after the spinal. all you have to do is tell them you want it placed after the spinal is placed...and they will comply...if they try to convince you otherwise...get pushy..
  • I had my spinal first. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They numbed me first, it wasn't a planned c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"