Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Medical Insurance paying for "specialty" formula!!

I am BEYOND thrilled!  We are using alimentum due to horrific reflux. Those of you using it, know how expensive it is!!   Someone suggested calling my medical insurance and with a script from the pedicatrician... voila they are covering 100%.  For those of you using "specialty" formula's check with your medical insurance...ya never know, it may just be worth the phone call!!! 

Re: Medical Insurance paying for "specialty" formula!!

• I have been meaning to call Cigna about this. We are using Alimentum as well (due to reflux). I will call tomorrow! Wish me luck. It would be great to have it covered.
  • That is awesome!  OP hopefully you'll get a break too! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Please feel blessed.

We are on prescription formula ($50/ can and a can lasts about 2 days) due to milk and soy allergies and reflux yet our insurance will not cover it.  We have appealed with no luck.

So, know that you situation is not something everyone has the luxury of having. Glad you have coverage.

• Thats awesome!!  I wish they covered Similac Sensitive-this little guy is a bear if he's on anything else!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LCB34 that is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!  I can not believe the insurance company wont cover prescription formula!  With the amount of money everyone contributes...formula should be covered for ALL!!!!  :-(  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"