Health & Exercise
Options

Treadmills? Need advice.

We found a great deal on closeout.  Our choices are Livestrong top of the line model, probably a little more than we really need, or Sole middle of the road model.  The Livestrong is $100 more, and has an ipod dock and a bigger motor, and a longer and wider belt.  The Sole has a better warranty, Ipod speakers, but no dock, and a better cushioning system.  Both have controls on the sidebars for incline and speed.   I am a runner, and DH is a walker.  We are torn, so I am hoping there might be someone here with one or the other brands who can chime in with the pros and cons.  This will be our first treadmill, and a joint Christmas gift.  Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Treadmills? Need advice.

• Options

I don't have either of these models, but from experience with my treadmill, the longer/wider belt goes a long way when you're running.  I would say that, in combination with the bigger motor would be my recommendation.  The better cusioning system would be nice, but if you wear good running shoes, they should be taking care of that for the most part. 

I have a middle of the road Proform.  Not the greatest treadmill in the world, but it works consistantly, has a nice long belt, and gets me thru running 20-25 miles per week in the winters (Nov-March) where I don't want to be running outside. 

• Options
    We have the Livestrong 12.9 and love it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you are serious about running and want a health club quality treadmill get a sportsart. real treadmill no frills, but it will not breakdown and it does what it is suppose to do, take a beating.

https://www.sportsartamerica.com/saf/residential/estore.asp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"