June 2011 Moms

back support for lower back pain.

Anyone heard about or used prior the support belts? I think they're called that. Not the belly bands that let you wear non-maternity clothes longer, but they're supposed to take some of the strain off your back. If my back hurts now I can't imagine with some 20 more pounds there.
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: back support for lower back pain.

• Can not wait to hear responses! ?I have lower back arthritis and my back is killing me this time of year! ?I have been using the heat Wraps that you can leave on for 8 hours every day and sitting on a heating pad all night.. but if there is another option I am open to suggestions! ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm having lower back pain too.  Every once in a while I move in a certain position and the pain is terrible.  I've found that sleeping with a pillow between my legs and NOT wearing heels helps...but it still hurts. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked with a girl who wore one all the time! She SWEARS by them. We are teachers, so we are on our feet a good amount of the time.
  • I just talked about this with my doctor today.  She referred me to a Physical Medicine doctor to have my back checked, then he will likely refer me to physical therapy to help strengthen muscles now while I can before it gets too bad.  I'd ask your doctor about his/her thoughts about physical therapy now to help with the pain later.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • I have lower back problems anyway and it's been really bad the past few weeks, to the point that sometimes it hurts to walk.  My doc just recommended using heat, tylenol if I'm having pain walking, and said she would refer me to a physical therapist if it got really bad.  that's about it, no word about back brace stuff.

She did suggest back exercises, have you tried that?

Been away from theBump for a while, getting active again for all the good advice :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't think of PT. I'll ask our school's PT tomorrow!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"