Working Moms

NE1 else sick all.the.time?

Since last Thanksgiving DS and I have been sick what seems nonstop. He started DC last February, so I know that's part of it. We usually get 10-14 days of healthy living and then sick again. DH gets sick much less than I do.

This time I'm the only one sick and am praying I don't give it to DS since he JUST got better from something else. I had bronchitis which cleared up and I was OK for about 10 days and then head cold again.

I don't know the point of this post except to whine/vent. Anyone have suggestions on what we can do to try and limit colds? Any advice would be appreciated. It is oing to be a long winter.....

Re: NE1 else sick all.the.time?

• Just the basics....lots of hand washing, lysol the crap out of everything around the house you touch (remote, door knobs, etc). We also don't share towels anywhere, in the bathrooms we have individual hand towels for everyone, etc.

I also still take my prenatals and have for years and I think it helps. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but I'll take it!

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DS started daycare in the end of August and I feel like we've been battling illnesses since then.  First it was cold followed by hand, foot and mouth less than 2 weeks into daycare and then in October he came down with a cold that he just hasn't been able to shake.  We've been lucky because with the expection of the hand, foot and mouth when he was out for a day we haven't had to keep him out of daycare.  He's actually home today because he spiked a fever of 102.4 last night and it was 103.4 this morning so I'm looking at working from home today and tomorrow since he needs to be fever free for 24 hours.

We wash our hands, lysol and santize everything and I know that daycare tries to be on top of wiping runny noses, but as the daycare teacher told me one days kids love to pass stuff back and forthSad

I hope you feel better!

• Loading the player...
  • Yep, we went through the same thing when DD went to DC. I feel your pain. Nothing too serious, just colds and stomach flu. But there was a period where we were all getting sick over and over. Our pedi told us to expect to be sick for the next 2 years. *sigh*
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yep. LO started DC during the first week of October. We made it through October but have both been sick for pretty much the month of Nov on and off. Still sick now. I have heard that this happens for the whole first year. I hope that is wrong. I'm taking prenatals still too, and Vitamin C, purelling everything. It is certainly not working. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"