Pre-School and Daycare

high-back booster car seats

Just looking for recommendations on high-back booster seats.  My  mom wants to get one for our son for Christmas, and I was hoping she might be able to find a good deal today.  Any websites out there that compare them?  What should I look for in a high-back booster?

Thanks so much!!

Re: high-back booster car seats

• Is your ticker right and he's only 3?  I would not put my 3 y/o in a booster.  He needs to stay in a 5 pt harness longer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageToBeMrsT:
    Is your ticker right and he's only 3?  I would not put my 3 y/o in a booster.  He needs to stay in a 5 pt harness longer. 

Ditto this.

Here's a link to sales on the Graco Nautilis today.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/45926030.aspx

It's a 5 point that converts to a high back booster and then the back removes to be just the seat booster.

It's the last car seat you'll need.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto pp's. I'd keep him in a 5pt harness for as long as possible. The "norm" for using a booster is 4 years old AND 40lbs.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've been recommended the Britax Frontier 85, it goes from 5pt to high back booster to backless.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• imagembritto4:
    I've been recommended the Britax Frontier 85, it goes from 5pt to high back booster to backless.

Ditto that!  I LOVE the Britax family of seats, and I just moved my 42 pound 3 year old to the Frontier... he is really tall, but I am no where near letting him ride in a booster with a regular belt (I just moved my 5 year old into the Britax Parkway SGL and that is only because I had to move my 3 year old up). HTH! 

• If you need something cheaper, the Evenflo Maestro is also a good seat and will keep him in a 5pt harness until 50lbs.

Despite what the carseat packages say, 4 years and 40lbs is the MINIMUM recommended age and weight for a booster. Because they have to be mature enough to leave that seatbelt on even when they drop their favorite toy on the floor. And honestly I don't know any 4yo's that I would trust to stay buckled up either.

- Jena
  • Ditto the pp about keeping him in a 5 pt harness longer.  We have DD1 in the Graco Nautilus now and really love it.  She will be 5 on Christmas and is still only 33 pounds.  She will be in the harness for a long time, but at least we know the seat will grow with her when she's ready.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"