Babies on the Brain

Name your SUV.

Either the one you have or the one you want. 

We are looking into getting one, and would love to hear what you have to say about yours. 4 wheel drive is a must for us with the snowy winters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Name your SUV.

• I have and love my CRV.
  • 4Runner. We love it.  

If money were not object I would get the Volvo one.  It's pretty! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Love love love love my Cadillac SRX.  The base model isn't as expensive as you might think.  It does come in 4 wheel drive.

• We had a CRV until it got smooshed.  We really liked it.  We decided on a Subaru Forester for our next car.
  • I have a 2004 Ford Escape.  I really like it and would get another but I think we're going with something bigger next time, possibly a Pilot or 4Runner. 
  • I have a Jeep Cherokee and would not rec it.  The backseat is amazingly small and now that we have two carseats my knees are in the dashboard when I have to sit in the passenger seat.  I love how it drives, but not how small it is. 
  • We are driving a Jeep Compass and like it.  
  • Have: 4Runner.

Want: Highlander, or Lexus RX.

• I have a BMW X5.  I love it like nobody's business but it's just too expensive to maintain.  I'm going to sell it soon and get something cheap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a Ford Escape (actually my second one) and I really like it. Big enough, but not huge.
  • Chevy Equinox. I love it. Its all-wheel drive but has done great the times we've had it out in snow and ice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We love our Rav4 and it's surprisingly roomy.
    2 girls and a dog
  • imageKKM:
    I have a Jeep Cherokee and would not rec it.  The backseat is amazingly small and now that we have two carseats my knees are in the dashboard when I have to sit in the passenger seat.  I love how it drives, but not how small it is. 

We are driving the Jeep Compass for a rental.  Now that you mention it, the seats are kind of small.  It rides nicely and is pretty decent on gas.  

• Thanks ladies! We have a lot to research and so little time as it is currently snowing and DH really wanted me in a SUV before it snowed.  DH=slacker!  lol I think I could have purchased ten different one's already but he is so picky!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMysterious_wife:

imageKKM:
    I have a Jeep Cherokee and would not rec it.  The backseat is amazingly small and now that we have two carseats my knees are in the dashboard when I have to sit in the passenger seat.  I love how it drives, but not how small it is. 

We are driving the Jeep Compass for a rental.  Now that you mention it, the seats are kind of small.  It rides nicely and is pretty decent on gas.  

OMG, it is awful.  My dhs volvo s40 (my old car...that I miss) has more legroom in the backseat! 

And ditto to pp, we looked at a Volvo SUV and the Jeep and decided on the Jeep.  I LOVE our volvo and wish we had gone with that. 

• I have and LOVE my CX-7
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I love how it drives in the snow.  My H's parents both have Jeeps.  I like that they are roomy, but with bulky car seats, not so much.  (I'm just thrilled to be driving mine again after driving a pontiac vibe for 8 months. The vibe was great too, it's our 2nd car, BUT I don;t have to bend down to put a heavy baby J into the carseat, and I have more room in the back for the stroller and shopping bags.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a Nissan Murano and I love, love, love it!!! It is 4 Wheel Drive and even has a back up camera!

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• imageMrs White:
    I have and LOVE my CX-7

This. When it gets too small, we plan to upgrade to a CX-9.

We just bought it this fall, used, for about 1/2 what a new one costs, so it was economical as well.

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• I have a cherokee as well and the backseat can get smooshed with multiple carseats. As far as space between the front seat and carseat back, I dont feel like I have to sit closer but I'm also only 5' tall. If youre looking for a newer suv, stay away from the cherokee, the newest models were made in 2000.
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • We have the Chevy Traverse.  Love it, love it! 

I believe the Traverse, Acadia, Enclave and Cadillac are all the same frame for these.  Just different trim and price points.

I orig wanted the Acadia, but the Traverse was cheaper and just as nice IMO.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm partial to Subaru, cause we've had three and absolutely loved them.  All models come standard with AWD, which is really nice.  I would look at the Outback (probably my next car), or the Forester.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet baby Liam Paul!
    imageimage
    My photo blog Baby Makes Three
  • LOOOOVE my Toyota 4Runner!!!  We got a 2010 Limited a few months ago and it is GREAT.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • I have a Chevy Trailblazer and love it.  We chose to forgo 4WD to get better gas mileage, but kind of regret it.  I really like how it has air vents in the backseat as this helps keep me from getting car sick.
  • DH drives a forester. It's an older version but I love it and totally want a newer one when my car goes (hopefully a VERY long time from now).
  • After doing a ton of research, DH just bought a Nissan Xterra w/4WD and he loooves it.
  • I have and love my Hyundai Sante Fe. I cried when we were talking about turning it in when the lease was up. I was like when we got it I imagined we'd have a baby in this car. So needless to say we ended up buying it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I have a 2010 Jeep Patriot Limited, and I love it.  It could probably stand to have a little more room in the way back, but we made up for it with a roof rack.  It handles the snow and bad roads like a dream.
    Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Apprantly I am the only one who has monster SUV's.  DH drives a Tahoe and I drive a Navigator.  Yes, gas guzzlers but I do drive my Solara to and from work to save on costs :)

Oh, we absolutely love both vehicles!

ETA: both are 4x4

Formerly **eco**4k posts down the sh*tter Chart
  • imageJenniferJaneC:
    I have a 2010 Jeep Patriot Limited, and I love it.  It could probably stand to have a little more room in the way back, but we made up for it with a roof rack.  It handles the snow and bad roads like a dream.

Ditto, but an 07 sport. Love it.

DH has an 08 Liberty, and while it's bigger than mine overall, the backseat has WAY less leg room.

• I got a RAV4 a couple months ago and so far I love it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DEATHBOXES!!!!!!
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • I HAD a Nissan Murano.. Loved it!

I have a Ford Edge.. same idea, but I liked the Murano better. Both are AWD.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Explorer Eddie Bower Edition - Pretty and functional!
  • I have an '08 Mercury Mountaineer (same as Ford Explorer, pretty much).  I love it!  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • BMW X3 and I love it. It's got room enough for two car seats and a person in the back seat alone. Plus room behind the seat for a pnp, suitcases, stroller etc. Also, BMW covers maintenance under the awesome warranty for up to I think 60k miles.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"