Sara- Mom to Addison 1
Wendy - Mom to Gavin 1

Dex- Mom to Peyton 5, Quin 2, Everett 1

Sharon- Mom to Zachary 1

Amy- Mom to Kaden 3

TTC
Alison, Amy, Ashley, Jamie, Mrs. NM, Siba, Tracy

Any news or updates?

What one thing are you hoping to get for Christmas this year?

Re: PG-Mom-TTC check in

• Any news or updates?

Caroline is 4 months old!  We had her check up yesterday morning and she is 25 inches tall and just under 14 pounds.  The ped said that we should start thinking about solids, but I told her that I wanted to hold off a little longer.  I want to wait until I see her have a bit more of an interest in watching us eat, not to mention that I heard you should wait until they double their birth weight and she still has another pound to go.  She said that it's fine to wait but that we shouldn't wait any longer than 6 months.  I think my plan is to wait until Christmas when either me or DH will be home with her consistently for over a week.

Unfortunately, I think that Caroline had a bit of a negative reaction to her shots yesterday.  She was really whiney and just wanted to be held all day.  Her poor little cheeks were bright red.  I just felt so bad for her.  I finally gave in and gave her some infant Tylenol for the first time around 5:00.  She seemed much better in about an hour so I guess it did it's job.  Then, I'm not sure if it was because she wasn't feeling well or if it is what you girls were referring to as the 4 month wakefulness, but it took me 3 or 4 tries to get her down to sleep.  It was awful!  This is the first time this has ever happened.  I'm really hoping that it was just her reaction to the shots.

ETA: I'm really ready for my PP period to get normal already.  I've been using FF and now that I entered this new "cycle" (another one started Friday after just 19 days on the old one) FF has now forecasted me "fertile" for the rest of my life.  I guess since they are not detecting much of a pattern, they better tell me that it's possible to get PG every day.  So much for charting to avoid!

What one thing are you hoping to get for Christmas this year?

Strangely, the only thing that I really need is a case for my camera.  It's the cheapest item on my wish list, but it is the one thing that I really need.

• no news or updates from me. We are just kinda going with the flow at this point!

I don't really have a wish list this year for Christmas. DH & I decided that we were going to spend our $$ on the cruise rather than buy each other gifts. I think it was $$ well spent!! Paradise

• Loading the player...
  • No update...I'm on the 2 week wait...but I'm sure this month is a bust, again.

As for christmas...I want a pasta roller an cutter for my kitchen aid...I love pasta and I will love to make my own fresh pasta at home.

image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Updates: we are slowly coming out to the world. I just told my staff this morning, since I have a lot of appointments coming up and I have to start missing some work for those. I have my NT scan on Thursday, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the little one again.

What do I want for Christmas? I wish people would stop asking me that. I don't really want anything. I'm bad like that. I want sweater dresses that I can wear throughout the pregnancy, but I don't know if I trust other people to pick them out for me. I HATE making Christmas lists. I did it last night, and it was torture. What I really want is to spend time with friends and family and to have safe travels. How lame am I?

married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my check up today- everything still is looking good, and I didn't gain as much as I thought I might over Thanksgiving!  I have 1 more 2 week check up, then I go to every week... eeek!!  I scheduled our tour of L&D for 12/11, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Christmas: we stopped doing gifts a few years ago with family and actually really enjoy it!  It takes so much stress off.  DH and I decided no gifts this year with the baby so close, so its one less thing to worry about.  I really want a DSLR camera though and have been searching around for a good deal. 

• Karter says Dog, Dada, and Mama like crazy.  She doesn't really realize what she is saying but we get all excited, so then she gets excited and says it more.  I try to make sure we go see the dogs when she says Dog.  And I give her to Dada when she says Dada.  So hopefully, she will start to realize what she is saying.

Still no crawling.  But pulling up and turning between the ottoman and the couch like crazy, no steps are required to do that but it still impresses me.  She tolled back to tummy the other day, I am pretty sure it was an accident.  So I know that she can do it, and it kind of reaffirms my belief that she could do it all along, she just didn't want to. 

Other than that, we're just getting ready to go to Disneyland this weekend and her 9 month appt is the day we get back from LA.  So hopefully she has gained some weight.  I am kind of concerned about how much milk she is getting off the boob.  She has started eating off the boob only three times per day.  And it doesn't seem like it is been very much that she is getting.  So I am a little concerned.  And since she won't take a bottle, I have no idea how many ounces she will drink.  Sigh.

All I want for Christmas is ... I don't even know.  We are drawing names for Christmas this year and I have to think of a $40 gift for myself to put down as a suggestion.  I think I am going to say an iTunes GC so I can get some new tunes.  I really need to revamp my workout playlist.  But that isn't very much fun.  So I am going to keep thinking. 

• Update: Nothing new to report. Checking in with my OB tomorrow morning and glad to know she is back on call. I'm ready for the baby to get here - but just waiting at this point.

Holiday gifts: We decided not to do anything since we did a get-away this past weekend. DH did give me a gift at dinner - the Olympus Pen Camera that looks vintage and has video. I have always wanted one since I hate traveling with my big camera and wanted a cool point and shoot but one with a little more function. It was super thoughtful and I can't wait to really use it. :)

• Reese is doing good.  Sleeping is getting a little more normal during the day.  I'm still waiting for the nights to get sorted back out.  She is currently getting up 3x most nights, and we cannot get her back to sleep unless I feed her.  We have started offering her more ounces during the day, but most days, she doesn't seem interested.  Maybe her stomach just isn't ready for the larger quantities in one sitting yet. I don't know.

She has been giggling like crazy, which is hysterical.  She recently started fake coughing to get our attention, which is pretty funny as well.  She has gone from being a 3x/day pooper to every 3 days.  The poor thing is miserable inbetween.  I don't know what to do for her.  When she does finally go, it's an EXPLOSION.  Poor baby.

I can't really think of anything on my Christmas list, except for clothes.

• Briley has been doing the worm crawl for about 6-8 weeks now but she has been slowly working on the belly up crawl.  As of yesterday she is all belly up, all the time.  She can also cruise all the way around the coffee table and her crib.  I have kicked my baby-proofing into high gear.  We have been having trouble getting her down for naps since she figured out she can stand up in the crib - she pops right up before I am even out of the room.  Today I decided not to go back in and lay her down, because yesterday she got down from standing on her own so I know she can do it.  She stood up and talked for about 20 minutes, walked halfway around the crib, then laid down and went to sleep.  Hopefully she keeps that up!

She is also saying mamamama and dadadadada, and something that sounds like dog.  The other day my friend was over and the cat walked by and she said "at!"  Like Ashley, I am not convinced she knows what she is saying but I am trying to encourage it.

I am excited/nervous for our trip to Chicago this weekend.  My mom was asking me if I was bringing a pack n play and stroller and I was like, um, yea that's to much stuff to schlep by myself!  I think I have the packing figured out though, now I just hope she does well on the plane!

Ashley - I bet Karter is just super efficient now.  I was worried about Briley getting enough too, but she has been slowly gaining weight still so I think she is getting enough, just doing it more quickly.

QOTW - I really want a serger.  I have some hemp terry that I want to make some diaper inserts with, and several other projects that I want to try.

Good luck to the TTCers!  We need some more BFPs!

• Sam is back to his old self again and eating for a rugby-team! He had his 6month check up last Friday and gained half a kilo in a month despite him being sick for almost 2 weeks :-)

Not much new on the development front. But I have introduced him to drinking water out of a glass for 3 days now. For the moment he enjoys blowing bubbles in the water rather than drinking it, but hey can you blame him *lol*. We've also started giving him bread, and he likes to suck on it and then spit it out. But baby-steps right :-D He's been really good with sleeping at night, although for the last week he's been getting up an hour early (at 5.30am) for his morning bottle, and he refuses naptime during the day. I'm lucky if he'll take 3 half-hour naps between 8.15am-5pm....He is all smiles though, and so much fun to hang out with. I SOOO enjoy my Mommy-Tuesday every week!!

QOTD: I don't have anything I really want/need. I'm enjoying life, and just want to have a good time with family and friends.

• Anatomy scan on Friday! Three more days. Slowest week ever.

QOTD: I haven't really thought about what I want for Christmas. I also haven't started thinking about what to get DH, and it's not easy to shop for him.

Good luck to everyone TTC!

• Nathan is slowly starting to walk.  He takes four or five steps and then chickens out, sits and crawls to his destination.  I hope that he starts full on walking soon!  Although it is so cute to see whim waddling everywhere!

QOTW:  We spent so much money on our plane tickets home that we aren't doing Christmas gifts, although since DH just bought himself an Apple desktop, I'm hoping to get in a lot of shopping done in the states, especially since the exchange rate is so good. 

• A took her shots like a champ on Thursday.  She cried for a whole 2 seconds and was over it.  It was great.  She is now up to 13 pounds 6.5oz.  She was in the 2nd percentile in August and is now in the 47th percentile.  The doctor is happy how she is doing.  We asked about solids, and are waiting until she is 6 months old.

She has started to make a new noise with her tounge.  I can't really explain it and no one can mimic it.

QOTW:  Gift cards.  DH and I got personalized plates for the jeep from each other and my parents bought us a Bose iPod dock.  Just his family left.  His mother always asks for a xmas list and never listens to it.  I asked for no clothing at all last year because I was KU and she bought me too small PJs because she found they fit big on her.

A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • I weighed Phoebe on Thanksgiving by weighing myself and then weighing me holding her and she is up to 15 pounds.  It really doesn't surprise me, the girl is huge.  She is even wearing some things that are 6-9 months.  Its crazy.  She has been sleeping like crap ever since she turned 3 months old.  Right now she has a cold and she is basically up all night long every single night.  She just wants held and she wants to nurse every single time she wakes up so I am also up all night long.  She has been napping wonderfully though.  She is also starting to finally get used to her carseat so she isn't screaming the entire time we are in the car anymore. 

All I want for Christmas is a Kindle.  I've been asking for one for 2 years now so maybe this will be the year.  :)  I would also love a new camera.  Mine is turning into a major piece of crap.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • K is been testing his limits lately. He got in trouble at school today which has NEVER happened. I wonder if he senses something is going on with me and acting up? Started injectibles, not bad at all. Of course, I'm only on one medicine now. Next Wednesday, I go in for another U/S and bloodwork to start stims. I hope this month flies by!

QOTW: The only thing I want is a BFP.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Gosh now that I am back at work, I never have time to post....this makes me soooo sad.....

Gianna is doing awesome..has 4 teeth now (got the other two a couple of days ago), crawling all over and pulling herself up and standing up on everything....She is still not a big fan of her solids but will eat at least some of them when offered.....She is just so wonderful Wink And that is all I got hehe!!!

• I will be 30 weeks on Friday!  I still can't believe it. 

I've started getting uncomfortable.  Sleep isn't good and I have this weird pain that goes into my groin area.  Sometimes that pain is so bad, I can barely walk.  It's even there when I'm lying in bed, so, even turning over at night is rough. 

But, I'm 3/4 of the way there and am so excited!  It's so cool to feel kicking kicking away in my belly.  And I can't believe how big she seems!  I can sometimes feel her kicking and punching and the space in between seems so long.  How does she fit in there??? 

This year for Christmas, I'm really hoping for a prenatal massage.  And I need a new robe before going into labor.  The one I have now has a big ol' hold in the butt.  I'd love to just go and get one, but, MIL is insisting on Christmas wish lists and I figured, may as well put that on there.  I'd also like stuff for Mady.  No one will go for that though.

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"