Babies: 9 - 12 Months

what foods "on the go" do you take?

If I want to do lunch while I'm at the mall or at a friend's house, I used to pack a Gerber puree meal but now that he is older, I'm not sure what foods I can take along that will keep or not require a lot of maintenance (refrigeration or heating).

What do you gals do?

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what foods "on the go" do you take?

• I always bring a ziplock of cheerios and a jar of unopened baby food.  Also, DD is eating mostly regular food now, so I just feed her what I'm eating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I bring little snacky things like crackers & cheerios. I also ADORE the Happy Babies squeeze containers of fruit.  Bean just holds onto them & sucks the fruit like it's a Capri Sun!  I keep 3 of them in my bag at all times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't done this yet, but I noticed at the grocery store today that they have lunch servings of vegetables. Kind of like how applesauce comes in the plastic cup with a foil top... they have those for corn, green beans, etc. Maybe you could pick some of those up. :-)
  • imageshortyred919:
    I haven't done this yet, but I noticed at the grocery store today that they have lunch servings of vegetables. Kind of like how applesauce comes in the plastic cup with a foil top... they have those for corn, green beans, etc. Maybe you could pick some of those up. :-)

I actually have the green bean ones in Riley's diaper bag.  I just rip off a small corner, drain the juice, and then take the rest of the top off and she munches away on green beans much to her Daddy's dismay...he hates green beans with a passion!

• My LO is just over 9 months, and not too willing to eat finger foods other then crackers or cereal, so we pack that and a tub of gerber puree (he gets homemade purees when we're at home).  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • For on the go meals, Tegan gets bites of whatever I'm eating, Gerber graduate type snacks and a pur?ed Gerber fruit, veggie or meal, if she's still hungry. She's slowly moving away from pur?es, but she'll still eat them on occasion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For situations like this, I keep lots of snack foods on hand.

I usually take cheerios, goldfish, cereal bars, dried fruit, regular fruit

DS is also at the stage where he'll just eat whatever I'm eating, or I can get him a side of veggies, grilled cheese, mac n cheese, etc.

• The First Years Take & Toss snack cups have been a huge help for us:

We fill them with cut up pieces of fruit or blueberries, puffies, cheerios, cooked vegetables, etc. Super easy portion size and we can just throw them in the bag.

We also usually take a slice of cheese with wheat bread and DS is good to go. 

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• If we are going to the mall, I make sure to feed him purees before we leave, then while we are out, I give him the Gerber Yogurt Juice in a sippy. I also bring Gerber Yogurt Melts, Puffs, and those little cheesy poofs that they have.

If we are going to a friends/relatives house, then I bring his purees and booster and feed him just like I would at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"