Parenting

~ daycare moms ~

Do you ever wish they'd stop having naptime?  Ian never naps at home anymore, so when he goes to bed at night he zonks out.  But on daycare days, he naps - and then tosses and turns at night.  He's been up there an hour and is still awake, which in turn makes him hard to wake up in the morning...

Also, *do* they stop having naptime?  I suppose I could ask this when I pick him up tomorrow.  But I wonder if kids have naptime all the way through 5K, or what?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersimageimage

Re: ~ daycare moms ~

• Funny sig :)

No, my children become absolute beasts when they don't nap. Even in kinder, they do a 'rest' time for the first two semesters.

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DD stopped taking naps shortly after she turned 2.  I think her daycare provider had her lie down the first few times that she had her, but she realized she wouldn't take a nap.  Now, she just has to play quietly while everyone else naps.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageREOM:

Funny sig :)

No, my children become absolute beasts when they don't nap. Even in kinder, they do a 'rest' time for the first two semesters.

This!!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My kids (3 & 4) nap at daycare for 1.5-2 hours. They don't go to bed until 10 p.m.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Up at 6. Lord, save me!! The director said when my son is 5 next year and is going to kindergarten for 1/2 day, it's up to me if I want him to have a nap or not.
  • Not really however my DS still naps at home and daycare most of the time. He is 3 yrs and 2 months.   DD stopped napping around 3.5-4.   They still had nap time in prek 4.  The teacher wrote me a letter stating that DD never napped and wanted to know if its okay if she looks at books instead, I was cool with it.  Sometimes she did nap and while I can tell a difference (on days she napped and those she did not), she is pretty good at staying her room and doing something quiet.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have them limit DS's nap to under an hour. Since we started doing that (maybe a month ago?) bedtime has been SO much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"