Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Babysitter Question

DH and I have never gotten a babysitter before.  We are in the process of speaking with a few people we like based upon their SitterCity profiles.  Do I pay them when we meet for the initial consultation?  I fully intend on paying them for their time, whether we use them or not if that is the social norm.

Thanks for your help :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Babysitter Question

• hmmmmm, interesting question.  I wouldn't even consider paying them for an "interview".  Curious what others say.
  • imageLeanie:
    hmmmmm, interesting question.  I wouldn't even considering them for an "interview".  Curious what others say.

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would consider the initial consultation to be like a job interview. I have never gotten paid for a job interview, and wouldn't expect to pay a potential babysitter to meet with me.
  • imagemrsmcdonald:
    I would consider the initial consultation to be like a job interview. I have never gotten paid for a job interview, and wouldn't expect to pay a potential babysitter to meet with me.

Agreed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Any chance you're a Jags fan? My husband is from Jacksonville, and I was just wondering from your screen name ;)
  • imagemrsmcdonald:
    Any chance you're a Jags fan? My husband is from Jacksonville, and I was just wondering from your screen name ;)

Sure am!! I work for them too :) 

• imagejags09:

imagemrsmcdonald:
    Any chance you're a Jags fan? My husband is from Jacksonville, and I was just wondering from your screen name ;)

Get out! My husband is a DIE HARD Jags fan - it's seriously ridiculous! He used to have season tickets when he lived in Jacksonville. We've traveled to quite a few games all over the country (we've actually planned vacations around away games, I'm afraid to admit) and are now living in Indianapolis - he wears his Jags gear loud and proud. Not easy to do in a sea of blue! We're going to the Colts/Jags game in a few weeks. Can't wait! I imagine it would be fun to work for the organization. 

• imagemrsmcdonald:
    imagejags09:

imagemrsmcdonald:

Get out! My husband is a DIE HARD Jags fan - it's seriously ridiculous! He used to have season tickets when he lived in Jacksonville. We've traveled to quite a few games all over the country (we've actually planned vacations around away games, I'm afraid to admit) and are now living in Indianapolis - he wears his Jags gear loud and proud. Not easy to do in a sea of blue! We're going to the Colts/Jags game in a few weeks. Can't wait! I imagine it would be fun to work for the organization. 

Now that is REALLY funny, my DH's family is from Indy and my DH is a HUGE Colts fan.  We are a team divided in this house when they play.  I stick to my guns and root my Jags on.  We all just got matching Colts shirt when DH was in Indy a few weeks ago.  

I'm kinda secluded from the stadium, I work directly for the owner of the team's private pilot, we coordinate and schedule his work/personal trips. It is an amazingly flexible job and I absolutely adore it.  I have been bringing DS to work with me since he was 4 weeks old.  Some days that part BLOWS but it's awesome for the majority of the time b/c we aren't there that long!! 

• No, no need to pay them for that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"